TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv box failing to record

Sue1978
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Talk talk tv box failing to record for last 2 weeks. Tried factory reset keeping recordings but still not working. Internet connection is fine. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi Sue1978

TalkTalk no longer provide a recordable box and now only supply the Lite box to all new and existing customers.

Thanks  

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

You'd have to ask them for a definitive reason but it's a business decision backed up they say, by evidence that people stream more rather than record.

From comments on the forum, short sighted in my view.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 3 of 5

Why are talk talk not replacing tv record boxes like for like! Is there some sneaky plan in place to try and get customers to play more money? Are they deliberately doing an update so the old record boxes stop working!  Wouldn’t surprise me, just like they did when they added the £4 charge for tv without telling anyone!  I wonder what watchdog have to say about this. 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

I'd try again as if you are eligible for a replacement box, TalkTalk now only supply non recordable boxes in exchange.

You are in the staff's queue for a response, but staff are not officially back until Tuesday.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes