TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv box not recording or playing back

HoopzDarcey
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

I received a refurbished tv box late last year as mine was broken, this replacement box has now failed.

It has suddenly stopped recording or playing back any previously recorded programmes.

Since Saturday the box will not play back any recordings made previously, and will not record any new programmes.  Any attempts to record, scheduled or manually, result in "Recording Failed"  If I try to play back a previous recording the screen just goes black and nothing happens. I have tried rebooting it several times but I don't really want to have to do a full factory reset and lose all my recordings. I feel it's not really satisfactory to have another box fail so quickly after receiving it and not be able to use the services that I am paying for, so help would be appreciated.

Thank You

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

We do have a complaints process you can follow - Complaint Process

As viewing habits change and more focus is brought towards streaming services such as Netflix, Now TV etc all TV boosts will soon be phased out.  Sports and Cinema boosts became unavailable last july and the entertainment / kids boost was removed in November.

Our teams are looking at a number of other TV box options for the future, but as yet no decisions have been made.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Karl

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate the decision to stop supplying the recording boxes was out of your hands but can you tell me the best route to contact someone about this as I still feel I have been mis-sold a service and am now trapped in an 18 month contract.

The very least TalkTalk could/should have done was to make it clear to existing customers renewing their contracts that they were withdrawing these boxes.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

The decision to stop providing a recording box was a business decision, so not something I can change.  This stopped at the beginning of the year, and all existing and new customers are now only provided with the Lite box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi Karl

Thanks for your reply BUT are you kidding?!

I only took out a new 18 month contract with TalkTalk in December and had no mention that they would be withdrawing the TV Plus recording box (and I haven't had any notification since then either) The only reason we stayed with TalkTalk was because we could record live tv, which we use daily. We had debated buying our own recorder and just having broadband & phone because our tv does everything else but as we'd used TalkTalk for a long time we stayed with you because of the recording facility. Our previous box, which failed as I mentioned in my original post, was only replaced in September 2020 and again nothing was said about withdrawing the recording facility imminently.

I feel I've been duped into an 18 month contract which does not now suit my needs as it did at the time I took the contract out! 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Try a Youview Maintenance Reset  and if this fails then the only option is to try the full factory reset ftom the setting menu.

If the box needs to be replaced, TalkTalk no longer provide a recording box.  This stopped at the beginning of the year, and we can only provide a Lite Box (non recording).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes