TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv box not recording

ken01
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 9

My TV box stopped recording yesterday, it shows as recorded but when I try to play it’s a black screen and the time bar along the bottom doesn’t move. I’ve just done a maintenance reset and it’s still not working. I’ve tried new recordings today and exactly the same problem.

Can I get it replaced please. Is there a common fault in this? I’ve had this problem a few times

thanks

Ken

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

ok, No Problem 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Karl,

I’ll have to purchase a separate tv box instead. 
For what it’s worth, I don’t think this is a good idea. It was only a couple of years ago TalkTalk we’re charging me £10 a month for TV which included the box, now this new deal doesn’t include the equipment but the package price hasn’t dropped by £10.

thanks anyway.

Ken

Message 3 of 9

Hi

No, this is not part of the deal, equipment is not part of a deal, only the broadband and line.  TalkTalk have not provided a recording box from the beginning of the year, and can now only offer a Lite box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

No Karl,I don’t want a box that doesn’t record, the TV recording function is the main reason I use TalkTalk tv. I’ve just signed up for a new 18 month contract a couple of weeks ago. Isn’t this part of that deal? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Ken

TalkTalk now only provide a Lite Box (non recording).  Would you like me to send one of these ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Yes, it’s still broken

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 7 of 9

Have you tried a full factory reset from the settings menu? This will repair tje hard drive if its possible, whereas the maintenance mode attempts to repair it, which clearly did not work.

If you want to keep a recordable box, this needs to be tried as TalkTalk now only swap it for a non recordable box, if you are eligible for a replacement

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

ken01
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 9

And. The family is sick of losing recorded tv programmes that they either like to watch or haven’t watched yet.

0 Likes