TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv plus box dead

essexjones247
Chat Champion
Message 5 of 5

Hello, my tv box is dead, it started with stopping playing watching recordings, I did a maintenance mode factory reset which seemed to make it work for a while now there’s no lights on it at all and appears dead, are there any OCE who can send me a replacement ASAP 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi, 

No, the lite box does not have this and an external device cannot be connected.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

essexjones247
Chat Champion
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for the reply, does the non-recording box have PVR functionality so that if I attach an external hard drive it will allow me to record programs?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi essexjones247

we now only provide the Non recording box, and can send this if that is ok ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 4 of 5

@essexjones247 Unfortunately TalkTalk no longer supply TV boxes with a  recording capability.  So any replacement they may, or may not, provided will lack to ability to record/replay programmes.   So if you want a box that is capable of recording then you will have to buy a 3rd party Youview box manufactured by the likes of Humax or Manhattan.  Note, if you use TalkTalk TV services then make sure you get the Youview box rather than the Freeview box

0 Likes