TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv select boost not working

christine59davis
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

Hi, I have recently subscribed to TV select boosts and have been unable to view the channels.  I have wasted endless hours online and telephone and have been "escalated" (whatever that means!) but still no help. 

My account is showing that I am subscribed, but the guide does not.  The channels are showing in the guide but I get a message saying that I need to subscribe. I have reset the box and router (which is a talktalk one) several times.  Just don't know what to do next.  Have given up on getting help from Technical Dept or Customer Service Dept.  Can you help please?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

You're welcome, Christine.

I expect hubby is super delighted as well !

The technical reason is that going to More TV activated a check of your subscription which then authorised your TV Box for your viewing.  So the Boost is active and the box is now fully authorised and there shouldn't be any more subscription problems.

To close this topic so the OCE can see the issue is fixed would you click the big Best Answer button on this post.  Thanks ever so.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Wow - Amazing! Thank you so much!!!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

...It's all Gondola magic.  What else could it be?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

OMG It's all working now! How did that happen?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

OK.

Sky Sports News is channel 401 so press Close on the remote to get back to TV viewing.

Then key 401 and hopefully Sky Sports News will come up.  If it happens to say setup the subscription just press OK. The subscription is already there so nothing adverse will happen.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Ok, so TV Select is showing at the top and when I scroll down underneath there are boxes to choose and I can watch.  However, these are not live tv. For example, my husband likes Sky Sports News but I cannot find it to watch. All the boxes seem to be channels on demand and do not include sky sports news. Not sure what to do?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Christine

I'm intrigued...when you pressed the TalkTalk button and then scrolled right to MyStuff which is exactly what you should do... is TV Select listed - highlighted in blue?  And if you press the down arrow on the remote to explore the content rails, does pressing OK on one of the images not start that programme playing?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

I just pressed the talktalk button and found something called "my stuff". There were 9 of the 14 channels showing in the top row, but not in a format where I could click and watch live tv.  I then went back to youview but still not showing in subscribed drop down.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @christine59davis

I've drawn this topic to the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team and an OCE will respond to you right here to help you.

Can I just ask if you've been asked to press the TalkTalk button on the remote control or the more TV button on the newer remote control?  This is to make sure your TV Box checks for your TV Select subscription.

It's possible that if this doesn't resolve the issue that the setup relating to your account needs correcting.  The OCE will advise. 

0 Likes