Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to access Now TV voucher

11 REPLIES 11
scooper1401
Conversation Starter

I applied to have a Now TV entertainment voucher and have received an email entitled 'Here's your Now TV voucher'. When I click in the email on Complete My Order a new window opens in my browser (Mozilla Firefox, most up to date version) with the following message

Sorry something went wrong

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties, please try again later.

I have retried several times but always get the same message.

Also - I am right in thinking that because I already have a Now TV account I will have to set up a new account to use this voucher (if I ever manage to get it)? If so, do I have to first cancel my existing account or it is possible to have two accounts?

Thanks in advance for your help.

John_G
Problem Solver

Just a customer so I don't know why the link in the email isn't working, sorry.

However I can say that you can use an existing Now account, you don't need to set up a new one.  The only restriction is that you can't currently have the pass for which you trying to purchase via the TalkTalk email.

So, if you don't have the Entertainment pass at the moment, no worries.  If you do, wait for it to expire and then purchase via the TalkTalk email (if you can surmount the other problem).

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Can you try another browser and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

scooper1401
Conversation Starter

Thanks Karl. I switched to Edge and clicking on the email link then gave me a screen called Redeem Your Now Membership. From the information on the screen, it looks as though you have to create a Now account to activate the TalkTalk offer. I already have a Now account that is paid up until May 16. What do you advise me to do? Will the TalkTalk offer still be available at the same price if I just forget the whole thing for the time being, delete my existing Now account on May 16, then start the TalkTalk offer process again and create a new Now account? It all seems somewhat complicated!

Thanks

Sarah

OCE_Karl

Hi Sarah

You should be able to apply the offer to your existing Now Account without the need to create a separate account.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @scooper1401 

I Have given up on the TT NOW deals as if you go into your NOW account you will often find only 6 month deals even cheaper, especially if you are currently on a deal from them. Try to cancel the deal close to expiry, they will ask are you sure? Click yes If they ask a reason, tick can't afford it !! they will then offer you a slightly cheaper deal, say yes you still want to cancel and they then offer you an even  cheaper price, I have just agreed to a £4 PM  for a 6 month entertainment pass, which starts when my existing one expires. You do need to be in your last month for this.

I tried to use a TT pass which failed, so I thought like you, that a new account was needed.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
OCE_Karl

Hi

Good advice from fre55die.  It's always worth trying to push for a cheaper deal.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

scooper1401
Conversation Starter

I did try for a deal in exactly the situation described - while on a deal but in the last month of it. The best I was offered was £6.99 a month - I then cancelled my subscription with the intention of using the TT  deal and have had no further offers from Now.

Two forum members have now said they were unable to use the TT deal with an existing Now TV membership. I haven't tried yet.....

OCE_Karl

Hi

I used the offer in my existing Now account.  I logged into Now and kept my browser open, then clicked the link in the email and it opened a new window and let me apply the voucher.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

scooper1401
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl - I have tried doing as you suggested, but when I click on the link in the email, the new window that opens for Now TV just says '

Sorry something went wrong

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties, please try again later.

I have tried several times but the same thing happens each time. I am using Edge and I logged into my Now TV account first as you suggested and kept the account open in a separate tab.

Thanks

Sarah

OCE_Karl

Hi Sarah

Can you try a different browser, maybe Google Chrome 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

scooper1401
Conversation Starter

Thanks for your help Karl, but to be honest I can't spend any more time trying to use the TalkTalk voucher - I have tried different browsers, clearing my cache etc, but as the Now TV offer costs only £1 more per month, I'm going with that.

Sarah