TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to cancel tv without charges

Susang2
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

I tried to renew my contract online, upgrading to fibre 65. Tv was not required but there was no option to deselect it  so before signing up I asked online chat if it was possible to renew without tv. I was told to go ahead and sign up then chat again and tv would be removed without any charges.. Low and behold my bill came in and I was charged £4 for tv which I had not asked for and did not use. This has now been refunded but  live chat  now tell me I cannot cancel without charge because the tv has a 30 day minimum contract. One very angry customer

Susang2
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Susang2

Our customer loyalty teams can remove a component of your package. Call 03451720046 or 03451725157 and they will remove this for you.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Wait for staff on the forum to reach your thread, @Susang2.

They respond Monday to Friday during the day, but it can take a few days to get a reply. There is a queuing system in place. 

Normally this unwanted TV charge is removed once you go live, without any problem or penalty. 

It is NOT a boost, which would require a minimum commitment of a month to avoid a breakage fee.

It is a SERVICE charge for something that you couldn't remove at point of sale.

Staff will get to the bottom of it, and hopefully send some feedback about Chat adviser training!

Please look out for their response. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes