TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove TV CHARGE at online renewal

stevem23
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I've conversed on chat on a couple of separate occasions in last 2 weeks as I'm unable to remove the £2 TV charge that's being added when trying to renew online. Both times they confirmed yes i don't have TV service at their end and so charge will not appear when I try again. However it has - I don't want access to Talk Talk TV store...I have a smart tv. I don't want to pay additional £2 for something I don't need or want.  Can you please help? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 6

Yes, it's very poor practice  - very eccentric, frankly. I don't know of any other company that indulges in this sort of thing, @I8this.

Somebody somewhere in an office ..... they don't want to listen.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

I8this
Philosopher
Message 3 of 6

This would be better if it was an Opt In service, not an Opt Out as it is now with the customer then having to ring TT to cancel something they do not want.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi @stevem23

I would suggest calling our loyalty team on 03451720046 or 03451725157.

They can remove the charge manually 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

@stevem23, it can't be removed during the process of ordering online.

You have to request that it's removed afterwards, through phoning up or Chat, or....as you are going to have to phone / Chat to remove it, simply phone  / Chat in the first place and fix up the whole thing in person. 

Yes, it's very, very annoying that they have set this up this way. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes