TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresolved YMV102 and related error messages

CitizenMarc
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 3

For some time our YouBox (TT supplied, Huawei, c 2yrs old) has been playing up (slow MyTV navigation, etc) but since 2 days displays 'no broadband connection', error messages YVM102 and 105, cannot display Watch List page; lacks Guide info on all package channels; cannot access Prime channel to watch my Wales international tomorrow etc. 

I have followed all recommended remedies to the letter: rebooting router and powerlink relays, switching off YouBox etc. Wifi is performing fine to router, mobiles show 70mbs or better; Alexa / Echo devices all AOK; Smart TV (getting its wifi through the YouBox connection to wifi via an ethernet cable) is able to access wifi with no problems....

YouBox software and apps all up to date. 45% space available on YB drive. 

I spent almost two hours on Chat today - a total waste of my time that I badly needed for another commitment. I was cut off without notice three times - twice after beginning to get them to run tests. 

Even after clearing security the Agent asked questions I thought they should have had the answers for on the system - what YouBox  model, obtained how, what broadband package and how TV being accessed.  

I have ASD and the experience grew increasingly distressing - it's as if the TalkTalk system rides rougshod over both agents and customers - but the paying customers at least deserve a decent, reliable service. 

I gave my alternative phone numbers to two of the agents, asking them to phone me should I get cut off (this has occurred everytime with TalkTalk, whether on the phone or on the Chat line) and neither rang me back as requested. 

I feel badly let diwn by TalkTalk, again. 

Marc Evans
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi CitizenMarc

If you can follow the advice from fr8ys and then report back, we can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

To check that your powerlines are working, can you take the ethernet cable out of the box and plug this into your smart TV so it should switch from Wi-Fi to direct connection, and try accessing IPlayer. Can you connect? If yes then this should rule out the plugs. If you cant connect, then you will need to replace the plugs.

If you have ruled out the plugs, then the fault would appear to be with the box.

Try a soft reset. To do this hold the power button on the front for around 10 seconds and the box should restart. 

If this doesn’t work then try a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347).

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / Set antenna Out to On in Settings: Picture and Sound / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

Hope this works and please let us know how you get on.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes