TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusable TalkTalk box

jtrenchard
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

My TalkTalk TV box has become unusable.

It takes around 10 minutes to turn on and load to the tv channels. When loaded each remote press takes over a minute to respond for quite a while too. Recordings stutter in playback.

I think the box is several years old now.

I have tries updating the box software, maintenance resets, and am constantly powering it down completely to get it started again.

Any ideas? Do I need a new box???

Many thanks for any help.

Jeremy Trenchard
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi jtrenchard

I'll swap out the TV Box for you, and also get another router out and see if this will help.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 8

@jtrenchard, I have re-escalated your thread. Panic not!

Just check back on here. You can find it again by going into your profile area and clicking on the ACTIVITY tab to check your correspondence. 

Don't try to reply to the notification email.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 8

Still can't find the detail I typed out and posted for you.... I still don't know how to find my posts without it being signposted by an admin... the structure here seems really odd.

What I put basically was that the box is still the same but I have another symptom/issue now..

The internet speed is fine, but all devices in the same room at the Router and TV box drop - not completely, there is still a good connection to the network as would be expected in the same room, but every device cannot access the internet i.e. connected, no internet. What is weird is that all of my devices two floors up are unaffected - PC, iPhone and iPad - they all keep the internet.... but daughters and partners devices all drop the internet until the box is reset. This is getting worse - tonight I reset the box and it was only half an hour before they all dropped internet again so they went to bed... my devices are fine as usual. They are all wireless except the TV box which uses powerline adapter. Is the router having issues?? - not seen this type of fault before. TalkTalk tools report that my PC (2 floors up) and the TV are 'overusing the available internet' if that helps.

Many thanks.

Jeremy Trenchard
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 8

@jtrenchard, any notification emails you receive are from a NO REPLY address.

Stick to the forum thread for correspondence. 

I'll re-escalate this to make sure that it is in the queue for staff attention. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Done - thanks - put more detail in a reply and I don't know where that's gone now....

Jeremy Trenchard

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Hi jtrenchard

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

In case you need a new box, @jtrenchard, staff will have to identify your account. 

Please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details by going via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

0 Likes