TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has Talktalk stopped TV service and got us to sign up to now tv (sky)?

Tez2012
Whizz Kid
Message 12 of 12

Hi, we got a call Monday from talktalk stating that the TV service is being dropped and got us to sign up to Now TV monthly.

This is absolutely terrible. You cannot access channels on now tv the way you normally do via the youview box. You basically have to go on youview and find the app, launch it and then you only get access to "box sets" rather than live channels.

Why have talktalk done this ? This is a lot of fking around.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Sadly NOWTV accessed through a YouView box does not support subtitles. Programmes that were available through TalkTalk entertainment package could be watched with subtitles, accessed on NOWTV they cannot. I cannot agree with Karl that this represents an improved service - to me it is a useless service!

Message 2 of 12

Hi

You can subscribe if that option is available in My Account.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Thanks for the reply. Has the "entertainment boost" (not movies or sports) itself been withdrawn or not ?

We have lost channels on now TV which is more important to us that 300 old boxsets (that I mostly watched already on a separate Now TV account I already had.

Essentially can I cancel Now TV and resubscribe to talktalk's Entertainment boost which I am given the option to do on the Youview box ?

Message 4 of 12

Hi

Your current remote should work with the new box.

Our Sports and Cinema boost have been withdrawn and we are now offering excellent offers within My Account for NowTV.  This represents better value for our customers giving a monthly saving on each of the respective boosts, along with the ability to watch on multiple devices such as phones and tablets. Customers can still enjoy the flexibility to cancel a NowTV pass after a month, or change passes.  In addition NowTV also has access to hundreds of Box sets to watch at your leisure.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi, so when we try to watch crime & investigation which was on our TV select boost it asks us to subscribe for the TV select boost.

If the Talktalk TV boosts were stopping why would it give us the option to pay for it ?

I cannot lie. I would rather pay talktalk £7 than pay sky anything. We have lost so many channels with this switch to now tv.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12
Thanks received but with no remote. However, already it is an improvement as Volume is normal and not low as was case on the old box.

Can I have an explanation as to why we were asked to sign up to sky's now tv ? No where was this explained before the random call the other day. Thanks
0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Tez2012

I'll get an updated box out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 8 of 12

There is a newer box but they will try and charge you £50 for it, I have the same problem and after a lengthy chat and trying to get it to work they have decided to send me out a replacement, if it is the DN370T box which is what I have it will not work with Now Tv so will be a waste of time.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi, is it possible to get a new box ? Ours is an original old box and now freezes and crashes regularly where we have to turn it off and on to reset it. We've tried factory resets etc but the box still crashes.

Also doesn't work well with Now TV. Please can you send us a replacement ?

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Right we had to use our smart tv app center to access now tv to get channels but the talktalk rep lied to us, she said when we signed up to Now tv - Entertainment monthly we would get 300+ channels and more than we had we talktalk but there is only 12 channels on it!

0 Likes

Tez2012
Whizz Kid
Message 11 of 12

Forgot to add that according to the now tv website, the old Youview boxes are not compatible with Now Tv. 

This is terrible.

0 Likes