TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it so difficult to find out what Now TV passes actually give you via your YouView Box?

mniven
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 5

I got an email from TT a while ago about TV Boosts being discontinued and replaced by Now TV passes.  So I went looking for the most appropriate one instead of the TV Select boost.  It appears to be the Now TV Entertainment pass.  However, getting full details on what channels are available to stream via an existing YouView recorder box, what catch-up is offered, limitations, etc, is like pulling teeth.  Surely it is not impossible for TT to put together one document on exactly what is available via your box and the changes that you will find?  I'm thinking along the lines of:

- What Sky channels are offered?

- Are these offered live or only on catch-up, or both?

- Can I still record on the YV box for later?

- Is anything other than Sky content offered?

- Will the YV TV guide still show the Sky channels for ease of selection (channels 301, etc)?

- Is the existing TV boost restriction of only accessing Sky channels on one box still there?

- When will TT be able to take payment for Now TV passes as they did for TV Boosts?

- Is there any point in some people paying the extra (£4? pm) for TT TV after this change?

All information from the TT Community gurus gratefully received.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

What Steve said. Plus BT customers pay through the nose for the privilege. 

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

BT have an exclusive arrangement with NowTV, which also allows their customers to record from the guide.

As this is an exclusive, it precludes anyone else from a similar arrangement.

TalkTalk will no longer be offering boosts at some stage this year, hence them selling discounted passes to sweeten the move to NowTV.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 3 of 5

Thank you @fr8ys for the feedback.  I had looked at the Now TV website but I'm never sure that the channel images shown at the bottom of a 'selling' page are the complete set.  With more digging I found the following 'help' page which does provide some more detailed information:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/entertainment-pass.

For the convenience of any reader, the listed channels are: Sky 1, Sky Witness, Sky Atlantic, Sky Comedy, Sky Documentaries, Sky History, Sky Nature, Gold, Sky Crime, Comedy Central, Sky Arts, Fox, MTV, Nat Geo, Discovery Channel and SyFy.  Catch up episodes will usually be available for at least 7 days from the date they were first broadcast and some box sets may be available.  It appears that you cannot see these channels in the YouView TV guide but get a similar 'what's on' display via the Now TV app.  So accessing the Sky channels will be significantly slower than with TalkTalk TV Boosts, given that any app takes quite some time to load on a Huawei YV box.  I also gleaned that you may need to enter your YV box PIN.  As there does not seem to be any ability to record a Sky channel live on your box, you will only have about a week to catch up on a programme if you are away.  This is a retrograde step compared with the current ability to set Series Record and watch the saved programmes at your leisure.  I also spotted that BT TV customers are charged for Now TV passes as part of their overall monthly BT bill - so why can't TT do the same?

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

You are best visiting the NowTV site.

The channels are shown on this page

https://www.nowtv.com/watch-tv-shows-online

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes