TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YVM102 No router connection to TV

JohnIW
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 17

I have the error message YVM102. I have reset the router, changed the adaptors, turned off the system and back on numerous times, tried to connect via "settings", updated the software, done factory reset. Nothing works. I get live tv bit nothing through internet. The "connecting to router" message just keep scrolling on the screen. Can someone at talktalk please call me to offer further help. Thanks. John

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi JohnIW

I'll send a returns bag out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi @Les2020 

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

VERY IMPORTANT FOR SUPPORT

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save) Only you and the OCE's can view this information.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes

Les2020
First Timer
Message 3 of 17

I am also continuously seeing this message. I can't access tv guide or iplayer. I have no issue with firestick or Netflix. I have checked all connections and rebooted router numerous times. Talktalk please help.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17
Hi Karl
Got new router and changed all the leads and connections. The 3 green lights on the powerline adapters are working now - previously on two were on. The tv connected via the tv box, updated etc and is now working perfectly. I need to return the old router. How do I do this?
Meanwhile, many thanks for your help. Got there in the end. Regards. John
0 Likes

Message 5 of 17
Karl. Thanks. I've picked up the PM and will PM you the details. John
0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi

All tests are clear, no issues showing externally and the router is in sync at 38mb.

The next option would be to arrange one of our engineers to take a look.

I'll drop you a PM with the info required.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Karl

Unfortunately, the new tv box doesn't work either. I get the message on my tv screen "broadband connection unavailable".

The tv is working as I have had to buy a Firestick to get any programmes.

I've swapped out the routers and the adapters - so no issue there.

The internet works wirelessly.

I have connected the tv direct to the router and that doesn't work - not does the internet on my old pc which is wired into the router. (My table, laptop and phone all work wirelessly)

Therefore, I think there could be a problem with the wired connection, or the line, or the speed of the line. Can you please help. I think I need an engineer. Thanks. John

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17
Thank you Karl, for your help. Appreciated. John
0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi

A replacement TV Box is on the way to you.

This should arrive within the next 48hrs.

Regards,

Karl.  

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Karl

I have managed to move the tv and tv box into the same room as the router and connect it directly to the router, rather than via adapters. The same problem is there. So, it can't be the adapters as I have already changed them. It must be the talktalk tv box that's faulty. Can you please replace. Thanks. John

0 Likes

Dave_7925
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 17

One of my Powerline Adaptors is not working.  Consequently I cannot access any of my online services.  The Power LED doesn't come on when the Adaptor is plugged into a power socket - I have checked that there is power to the socket by connecting other devices to it.  I have tried  pressing the reset buttons as suggested in the "Set Up Guide", but the Adaptor appears to be dead. My conclusion is that I need 1 new Adaptor, but I can't find anywhere to request one.

David Layman
0 Likes

Message 13 of 17
Yes. The adaptors are directly in the sockets and have been "paired".
0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Karl

No. I have two green lights. The middle home one is not lit. I have changed the adaptors. The router is working ok. It's in another room so can't connect take box there and connect tv.

I am getting the message "connecting to your router"  "please wait" after trying to connect. It's just circulating round and round, getting nowhere. Is the box faulty. Thanks for your help.

John

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Hi

Are all 3 green lights on the adapters, and are the adapters directly into plug sockets ?

Is it possible to take the TV Box directly to the router with a cable and see if it connects, to rule out the adapters are the break in the connection.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

JohnIW
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 17

I'm now getting nothing at all other than a screen message that it searching for set-up

Can talktalk please address. Thanks

0 Likes