TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You View box in a boot loop

flyingmonty
Team Player
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the shortcut Ferguson, I'll briefly describe the problem again :-

Press standby (tv used to come on at same time) get 'unable to start properly message', (maintenance mode reset).

Tried every message here, including delete recordings, finally Exit & restart =OK.

TALKTALK waking up msg - then YOUVIEW loading msg then back to 'unable to start message'. and the box itself gets very hot. I have spoken to customer service who did a 'line' check and they have arranged for an engineer to call this coming Tuesday, so fingers crossed he'll tell it to  pull itself together.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Great. Thanks for posting again to let us know it's sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Ady, Just thought I'd say hello 'cos I feel we are being checked out by Stephen (my community Manager ?).

It seems I have been mentioned in a post, but just in case he's still Watching out for me I'll just confirm how satisfied I am with the service provided by TalkTalk engineer Andrew, fault remedied faultlessly, and our new youview box is functioning smoothly. xx 29-04-18

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Great stuff, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for your offer Ady, but Andy, one of your engineers arrived on Monday, we had an offer of a cancellation so he arrived a day early, checked the box, which was an early version and was definetly not functioning as it ought to, then set about setting up a new box and all is working as it should, he was punctual, polite and very efficient and didn't even have time for a cuppa.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi flyingmonty, let us know how you get on with the engineer and I'll be happy to take a look if you still need help. 

0 Likes