TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView Box Freezes

Sandgrounder2
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 17

My YouView Box freezes occasionally when I have been watching Netflix for over an hour. None of the remote buttons work and I have to make a hard re-set by switching the power off and on at the back of the box.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Thanks Karl

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi Danny

We can swap out the box, but if this does not resolve, then the issue will be on the TV itself, or something to do with the TV settings.

I'll dispatch a box now for testing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Karl - How is this going to get fixed? - I am not switching off my TV and back on again everytime I want to watch something. The new box has caused this issue and it needs resolving - has it been reported to your technical department? - are you going to send another box? Thanks Danny

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Tried that before and again now - makes no difference - problem remains - you have to switch the box off and back on again to get the full screen view

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi

You could manually set the TV to use 16x9 rather than auto.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Karl,

I've received and installed the new box - the box no longer freezes - thanks.

The new box has created another issue though. When I am not watching the TV, I switch the TV off at the mains (safety and cost recommended). The box I just switch to standby mode. When I switch both back on again the TV displays 640 x 480 and the TV picture is chopped off at the top and bottom by some inches. If I press guide, the EPG covers the whole TV screen though. The TV screen size is set to auto. If I then put the TV box into standby and switch on again, the TV displays 1080i/50Hz and I get a full size image on the TV. The same issue arises whether I set the box screen display to 1080i, 1080p or 720 via box settings.

Any thoughts?

Thanks      . 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi Baileewalsh

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Baileewalsh
First Timer
Message 9 of 17

Hi

My you view box keeps freezing

Live tv is ok tho rewind is erratic and unreliable

Recordings, catch up tv and Netflix all freeze, sometimes for a few  seconds, often longer!

Pressing  play sometimes helps but may be coincidental

Often have to disconnect everything and start again

I have twice done a maintenance reset but still have the  problem

Help!

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Thanks very much - have a good weekend

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi

A replacement TV Box is on the way to you.

This should arrive within the next 48hrs.

Regards,

Karl.  

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Home phone number added - thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number or Account number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your phone number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please post back on this thread when this has been done..

Thanks

Karl.  

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Sandgrounder2
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 17

I did a maintenace reset using option 2 as you requested and the problem is still there - the box freezes every night at 1am whilst watching Netflix. Can you replace the box please. Thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 17

Hi

Try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

set the box back up and retest.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes