TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView Box stopped working, again....

Qwghlm
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

After having a new box last September, this one has now stopped working.

Having done a factory reset keeping recordings it still does not play back recordings.

We were away for a week and nothing got recorded.

The box is about 40% full so not not overly full but again we are going to lose all of the series we have recorded.

This must be about the 4th box in 4 years and this keeps on happening.

It's about time TalkTalk got a newer box to supply to their customers.

So please can you send us yet another "new" box please?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

It's the same type of box, just without a hard drive to record, so the same apps, menus, options etc, the ability to pause live Tv up to 30 minutes etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Qwghlm
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 8

Hi Karl

So is the Lite Box any better then the old box if I do not use the old box for recordings?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

We can supply a lite box and this will work with the usual apps, Now TV, Netflix etc.

Our teams are looking at other box options for the future and we hope to be able to announce some exciting news around TV later this year.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Qwghlm
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 8

Hi Karl,

You've stopped supplying the recording box?

I can't believe that, bit of a backward step really isn't it?

Is the Lite Box any better then the old box if I do not use the old box for recordings?

Sad to say that I have been a TalkTalk customer for 15 plus years and this is the first time I am seriously considering leaving because there are far better deals if a recording box is not part of the plan.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

TalkTalk stopped providing the recording box at the start of the year.

We can issue a new box but it will be the Lite Box (non recording).

Would you like me to send this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Qwghlm
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 8

I think this is the fourth or fifth box that has gone wrong in the past year.

0 Likes

Qwghlm
Whizz Kid
Message 7 of 8

Can't record anything either

0 Likes