TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView box freezes

write2ad
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 4

I got a faulty YouView box replaced a few months ago.  I then received an updated router.  All was going great until today. To start the YouView Box would not turn on no matter what I tried.  So I switched it off at plug and switched it back on after a few minutes.  I waited for the usual 5-7 minutes for it to start up.  Then it started and worked for a while.  I then tried to change channel using the remote control but it would not change - when I chose say BBC1, it came up on the screen BBC1 but it didn't switch over.  The sound button worked ok on the remote but that was all. So I turned off the box at the back and restarted it doing a factory reset (keeping recordings) - Im an expert at this now!!  Again it worked for a while on reset and reboot.  Then I wanted to watch a series I had started on iplayer.  It switched over onto iplayer ok BUT there was no sound.  Tried everything but to no avail. I tried coming out of iplayer BUT AGAIN everything froze.  Again I turned off at back and reset (taking another 5-7 minutes). It came back on and works ok now BUT I am scared to change over to iplayer or anything else for that matter because I know it will freeze up again.  I HAVE PUT NEW BATTERIES INTO REMOTE CONTROL which it doesn't need as changed not long ago so that's not the problem.  I am at my wits-end now.  Can ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

This should be a new box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

write2ad
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 4

Thank you. Is it a NEW one? This one we got replaced in January. I hope the replacement works for longer!

But thanks 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

A replacement TV Box is on the way to you.

This should arrive within the next 48hrs.

Regards,

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE