TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview box fault

Garry6
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 8

Is there any way of contacting TT to get replacement YV box, ours has packed in with spectacular timing in that we are leaving my technophobic mother in law for a week on Monday and she’ll have no TV, used to be an online chat but can’t find it, can’t find a phone number either

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

Glad our Teams are sending a box out to you.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Garry6
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 8

Took a gamble on another factory reset, Managed to get YV box working for about 5 minutes although missing half the channels

tuned in again and still missing so another factory reset and we’re back stuck on ‘waking up’

Managed to get through on TT webchat and a new YV box has been ordered

thanks to @Birchcroft and @Gliwmaeden2 for helping

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Yes, moved the aerial directly to the tv, to be fair I can’t remember off my head if it has built in freeview, think it does as it’s not that old

tried several factory resets using all the options, internet/software update and all the same story, restarts to waking up screen and that’s it

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi @Garry6 Hopefully you will be able to get through on live chat today and sort something out, but even if you do it is very unlikely that you will get a new box today or tomorrow.  Also any box TalkTalk send out will not have a recording capability.  I would have suggested that your best bet to get a new box by tomorrow would be to buy one from the high street, but it would appear that Youview boxes are not available from most places as they are selling Freeview instead☹️

When you say you tried getting 'council telly' though the aerial did you actually physically move the aerial connection from the Youview box to the TV?  The reason I ask is that the box's aerial pass- through mode only works if the box is working so you will not get a signal to the TV without moving the cable.  

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Yeah tried factory reset in maintenance mode, to keep and delete recordings, using internet update, get the ‘waking up’ screen but no further, also blue and pink flashing lights 

tried getting ‘council telly’ through the aerial but tv didn’t pick it up

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 8

Open 9am, @Garry6, from the link on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 7 of 8

@Garry6 for hints on accessing live chat see post by AllyM in this thread. The earliest you are likely to get a response on the forum from a member of TalkTalk's staff is Monday.

In the meantime have you tried a factory reset of the box?  Also you could plug the aerial directly into the TV, rather than going via the Youview box, this would allow your mother to get Freeview channels on the TV.

0 Likes