TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview box loosing internet connection

wing89
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 8

Hi

I have the TalkTalk Youview Box (Huawei DN372T) connected to the router (Wifi Hub) with Talktalk powerline adaptor (D-Link DHP-300AV) for many years.

I have changed to the future fibre 500 at the end of Sep 2021 with the Eeros Pro 6 router.

Since the change, the Youview box looses internet connection when streaming every 30min at worse, but at lease once during a film. In order to get the internet connection again, I have to turn both powerline adaptor off/on and sometimes the power button at the back of the Youview box.

It got so bad, I now use the Xbox to watch films which connect to the same router via wifi.

I have found similar issue on this forum and seems to be the powerline adaptor?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

I don't have the option to replace the equipment, and as your new package (Fibre 500) does not include TV, the Team are under no obligation to offer or replace any old equipment you have, I thought they may do this as a courtesy, but ultimately it is their decision.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Karl,

Yes, I guess that is the best way to check; but that is not possible to do.

As you cannot help and future fibre is not interested.  Does this mean I need to sort it out myself?
Thank

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

We can never be absolutely sure of course, but the powerlines are the obvious culprit.  Testing directly to the router / eero with the TV box and bypassing the adapters is the only way to conclusively rule these out.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Karl

Thank you, so it is likely to be the issue with the powerline adaptor.

I have contacted the future fibre team before posting here to check the issue.  Unfortunately, the future fibre team is not interested in any equipment I already have from TalkTalk.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi wing89

If you give our Future Fibre Team a call they can look into this for you and replace the adapters if required.  As your service is future fibre, I do not have the option to replace these from your account.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

wing89
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 8

Hi Fre55die

Thank you for the advice.

Yes, rebooting it is the only way I can get them to work.

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @wing89 It does sound like PLA problems. Have you tried these steps : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Fix-a-problem-with-your-Network-Connectors/ta-p/2284111

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes