TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview box not loading

LightFoot3000
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

A few days ago my YouView box started to freeze on the channel I had on, and It wouldn't let me change channels or open any of the guides or players either. I switched it off on the back, and after switching it back on it was stuck on the loading screen. So, I went into the Maintenance Mode and I tried all the options and it still fails to load. All it says on the screen is, "System Start Up Error" and "Your Box Failed To Start Properly". Could anyone please help me out if its at all possible, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

John
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 2 of 8
Thank you for clarifying the issue, I'll contact customer services for further information.

Thanks again
John

Message 3 of 8

Hi

Your current package is TV store only, so the ability to rent or purchase content via the TV Store website as for all customers.  Your package does not have TV and is fibre only so physically impossible to order a TV box on this type of account, the option is not presented.

This could be an account issue of course, so in order to change the package to include TV you will need to contact our customer service teams to have this corrected.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8
That's strange, because I pay £4 for TalkTalk TV every month. So, I'm not sure how that's not classed as a tv package. Could you let me know if this (£4) package qualifies for a replacement box.

Thanks
John
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

I've had a look, and you are not currently on a package that includes TV, so are not currently eligible for a TV box replacement.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8
Ok I've added my home phone number to my profile.

Thanks
John
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number or Account number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your phone number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please post back on this thread when this has been done..

Thanks

Karl.  

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes