TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview box not recording/ black screen not playing - Please save Grandchildren's Christmas!

DHarty
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 2

Good morning everyone!

I'm experiencing technical problems with my Huawei DN372T box as described here. (shorturl.at/gFGN8)

I have the same issue, with the box failing to record new programmes and seemingly unable to play programmes that have been previously recorded, even after completing all troubleshooting steps. 

Normally I would not seek any help beyond a new box, but due to the worldwide situation, I need some special assistance!

Last year at Christmas, during the height of the Pandemic, like many of you we were unable to have our young Grandchildren to visit with us. 

We promised them that we would record all of their favourite tv shows and films, and have an extra special Christmas this year instead! As you can imagine with young children, it has been a constant topic of conversation whenever we have spoken with them this year!

So I am asking all of you, if there is any way that anybody can help us either fix our current box to play our old recordings, or replace the box and transfer the recordings over, please, please help!

You would be helping us to avoid letting our grandchildren down for a second year in a row.

Thank you in advance,

David.  
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi, 

Try a Youview Maintenance Reset and see if this helps.

If this does not restore functionality the only option is to try a full factory reset from the settings menu.

This will wipe all recordings but would be the last option to try.  There is no way to transfer recordings.

If a new box is required, TalkTalk stopped providing a recording box at the beginning of 2021 and now only supply the Lite Box (non recording) 

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE