TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview box not working

Ricky792
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi - my Youview box has stopped working, I can't get it to turn on (no blue light, nothing). The power supply is OK, the powerline adaptors seem fine and the aerial works when I plug it direct into the TV so I assume the box has given up. Can I have another one please?

Thanks

Rick

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Ricky792
First Timer
Message 1 of 8

Thanks, fitted these and everything now working properly. Cheers.

Ricky

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi

OK, I'll swap out the adapters and see if they are causing the problem.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

The new box arrived and is working - but it can't connect to my broadband! It seems to me that the powerline adaptors aren't pairing (they were fine before the old box broke, obviously) - I've followed the online instructions including the factory reset but not had any joy getting them to pair to each other (though my adaptors aren't 'wireless' so the lights aren't exactly the same). My broadband is working fine and the lights on my router are green (except for TV of course).

Any ideas?

Ricky

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Ricky792

I'll get a replacement box out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

OK, wait for the support team to advise further. Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes

Ricky792
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Thanks, but I can't get the box to turn on at all and I think it needs to be on for the maintenance mode reset to work.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Have you tried a maintenance mode reset as described here? 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347

0 Likes