TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview box problems

familym
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

Hi team

been having more and more problems with my recordable youview box,

eg

recordings fail, or don’t playback properly

box is getting slower etc hard to switch into Amazon prime or Now tv

trouble connecting to bbc iplayer, sometimes no connection or cannot shift the panel info etc (Wi-Fi connection is really strong).

I’ve tried clearing out all old recordings and doing all the software & app updates, as well as maintenance resets, but it still has the same problems - I think the box is just getting old.

Appreciate your thoughts on what I can do next?

It’s a Huawei box DN372T.01.02.P / 001 if it helps?

Thank you

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

A box is on the way.  This is a Lite box, we are unable to supply the recording box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

hi Debbie

oh that’s a shame re the recording - I guess I’ll need the box as the streaming itself is also not working correctly - so yes please

(Final thought - is there any old stock available for the recording box as we really do like to record? If really not a lite box, yes please)

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi familym

Thanks for confirming this.

I can send you a replacement TV box. Just to advise, TalkTalk no longer provide a recordable box and now only supply the Lite box to all new and existing customers.

Are you happy for me to send a replacement TV box?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6
Hi Debbie, tried that too I’m afraid ~ just the same as before
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi familym

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can I just check if you have also tried a maintenance reset? How to find maintenance mode?

0 Likes