TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview box turning the TV off

Sue6749
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 3

I am getting a message on my TV screen saying There was no operation performed for a long time, shut down, Yes or No.  I cannot seem to select either the yes or no option  and if left the TV turns itself off.  To get rid of the message I have to turn my TV off and then back on again, this is happening more regularly and is pretty annoying. Can anyone please help, what is causing this?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi

As fr8ys says, this is a message / setting on the TV itself, nothing to do with the YouView box.  Your TV will have a standby setting.  

My LG Tv does this also, not connected to any box etc, just a standalone TV set with freeview, but after watching for a few hours will give a message that TV will turn off in 3 minutes unless I press a key on the remote.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Are you sure it's the box and not your TV producing the message?

any key press on the YouView remote resets the timer in the box. There is also a facility in settings to change the amount of time before auto shutdown, so check the timings there. You can also elect to have always on.

your TV probably has similar settings so check these too as if it's the box only that is on the TV will auto shutdown of you don't press a button on the TV remote.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).