TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview box very slow

Psychoticmonk3y
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

Hi there I had an email from talktalk saying my tv box was not connected I contacted an agent before on this with no help so I disconnect the thing it's so slow to respond takes 5 mines to load any app even pushing down on the remote it takes for ever I complained about it but nothing was done I told to deal with it since it's not the first time I have had this problem

Jrmunro
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

munsy
Chatterbox
Message 1 of 10

I do not have the recordable box it is the lite version. I have done 8 second reset and also the full return to factory reset. Not only does it take an age to start, it also is so unresponsive to view TV guide menu and to go to Menu and also Move TV. I know it is only £4.00 per month, but that over 2 years is quite a bit of money to me.

Smarty pants
0 Likes

munsy
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 10

Hello all, really regretting moving to TT. The BB is not bad, but the TV box they supplied is not fit for purpose and even following all the suggestions here available does not improve anything.

Is this problem a common one and if so does it give me a legal way to get out of this in my opinion only a very poor service.

It's like little boys trying to compete with the big guns, very badly.

Regards Dave.

Smarty pants
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

TalkTalk no longer provide a recordable box and now only supply the Lite box to all new and existing customers.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi there got new box today but it's the wrong one as I have you view plus will I get send it back for the proper one 

Jrmunro
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

i'll get a replacement box out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi there that's my profile updated now 

Jrmunro
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

Can you add the home phone number or account number to your 'Community Profile' so I can locate your details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Yeah iv tried that a few times with no luck tried all advice online still no luck don't know what else to do but disconnected the box again 

Jrmunro
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi

Have you tried a Youview Maintenance Reset  or if this fails, a full factory reset from the settings menu to see if the box performance improves ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes