TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview box won't boot up

Darrell_illy
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

My Youview box started freezing, then when I tried to record it either failed or recorded another program entirely not the one I wanted, so I did a factory reset but now it won't even boot up.

Tried a live chat with talktalk but having waited over half an hour for an agent a gave up

Darrell Illingworth
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Thank you

Darrell Illingworth
0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi

You can speak to our customer loyalty teams via Live chat or call on 03451720046 or 03451725157

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Can you let me have a contact number for customer services and how I make an official complaint, because I'm not happy that TalkTalk sent me a replacement Youview Box that is lower spec than the one I previously paid for, so now I'm unable to record.?

Darrell Illingworth
0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi

We are unable to provide a recordable box and can only issue the DN360T model.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Darrell_illy
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 12

That can't be correct as you have just sent my mom a replacement recordable box a couple of weeks ago! I paid for my original Youview recordable box and I presume you were replacing it like for like but have tried to record over Christmas I realized you had downgrade me without my knowledge and you even ask for my old box back which technical was mine as I had paid for it. So you need to replace like for like or return my old box

Darrell Illingworth
0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Darrell_illy

TalkTalk stopped providing the recordable box a year ago now and we do only supply the non recordable model to existing and new customers.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 12

Currently (as in most of this year) Talktalk has not been issuing the boxes that record, @Darrell_illy.

You'll be very lucky indeed if they can find one to send, but I will escalate this thread back into the workflow for staff attention. 

Fingers crossed!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Darrell_illy
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 12

Hi you kindly sent me a replacement Youview box a few months ago because my previous one had stopped working but we have just noticed over Christmas that it's not the plus version so are unable to record, I presume this is an error on your part as my previous box was the plus version, so can you please arrange to send me a Plus version?

Darrell Illingworth
0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi

I'll get a TV Box out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Darrell_illy
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 12

Profile updated

Darrell Illingworth
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes