TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apps and on demand not working

john189
Popular Poster
Message 21 of 21

when i try to use on demand or apps the tv light goes off and the ethernet light comes on ,on the modem,also the middle lights go off and the other 2 turn to amber on the ethernet plugs so can only watch normal tv   john189

john189
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi, 

no updates as yet on this from ITV, it's still in their hands, Not sure if you guys have recently had the issue with the app happen again.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Hi

If I hear any news from ITV or youview I will ask any affected to retest.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

can you update us when you have information on the itv apps being restored, and then we will see if we still have the problem   John189

john189
0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Hi

The issue affecting ITV player is under investigation and ITV have acknowledged the issue.  I do not have any eta for a fix as yet.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

if you think the problem is with the ITV etc players , do you think we should wait to see if that issue gets resolved   , if that could be the fault  John189

john189
0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

we tried connecting the router and you view box direct with just the  ethernet cable but that didnt work either , so that would suggest that the power line adapters are not the fault john189

john189
0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Hi

Ok, only thing left to replace is the powerline adapters to see if they are failing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

no, all 4 or 5 apps or catch up not working ,bbc i player is now working  John189

john189
0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Hi

OK, check All 4 and Channel 5 player etc.

There is a known issue with ITV player where it is not playing back some content after the adverts.  This is under investigation with ITV and YouView teams and is across all suppliers that provide the youview platform.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

bbc i player does now seem to be working ,but none of the others are working   john189

john189
0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi

On demand apps such as Iplayer, ITV Player, All 4 etc etc will never be affected by any billing.

Does this happen with BBC Iplayer as well as the other on demand players ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

thanks,have received the new box nice sharp picture but unfortunately it has not solved the problem,we still cannot get catch up and when we go to the apps we get the adds before the program but then as soon as the program is meant to start we get the message   ,,whops something is wrong ,,then nothing !   the only thing we can think of is ,we pay £4 a month for talk talk tv has this been stopped for some reason ,the money was taken on the last bill.  What do we do ?????  john 189  

john189
0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi

I'll get a TV box and returns bag out to you asap.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

we tried a factory reset on the Huawei you view box while we were waiting for new router ,made no difference except now when we switch on tv the box goes into wake up every time  ,  new router has arrived connected it up but still no apps working or demand ,  john189

john189
0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Hi

I want to swap out the router first to see if this helps.  I'll get this out to you asap.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

i  now put my phone number in my profile ,thanks   john189

john189
0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Hi john189

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 18 of 21

Hi,

Thanks for confirming.

You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 19 of 21

yes tried all of that , still not working

john189
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 20 of 21

Have you tried rebooting the router and re-pairing the powerline plugs?

You could also do a soft reset of the box by holding the on button in until the box reboots.

let us know how you get on.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes