TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 501 on start up

Bramble2
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

I tried to start my Youview box today and it went into maint mode with error 501.

I carried out the suggestions in the FAQ ie reset to factory default saving recordings, this didn't work, so then I did the same deleting recordings.

I also tried the carry on to restart option, all that happens is the box stays in wake up mode, after leaving it for a long period with no success I turned the box off again.

What am I doing wrong or is there a fix?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

No Problem 🙂

glad the new box is working as it should.

Regards

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Managed to fight through the snow and icey roads.

Installed the new box today, all working great.

Now to put my feet up and chill in front of the TV after a hetic Journey.

thanks again Karl

Bramble2

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

No Problem 🙂

Set the box up when at home and just let me know if there are any problems.

Thanks

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Just to let you know, the new box arrived today,  although I am stuck away from home until possibly the weekend.....snow what snow!.......so won't be able to connect up until then,

however many thanks for your prompt service.emoticon.thumbsup.title

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10
Wow that's great
Thank you
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

I'll get the box replaced for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Yes.

I am now at the stage where we have disconnected the Youview box

So we can watch TV through the aerial.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi Bramble2 

Apologies for the delay.