TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer buffers even more after upgrade to Fibre

aa2000
Enlightened One
Message 23 of 23

I used to experience some occasional buffering while on an otherwise very good ADSL2+ connection.  Since switching to Fibre Medium (again seemingly a very good connection) earlier this month, I'm shocked to discover that the buffering seems to happen more often and will often occur 2 -3 times during a one hour tv programme.

The buffering wheel spins until eventually an iPlayer error message appears, pointing to a possible loss of internet connection.  At that point even data for the Youview Guide fails to appear. 

I have to come right out of iPlayer, wait for a couple of minutes then go back into the programme via the Guide.   This can happen at any time of day, but recent events have occurred mid to late afternoons. The Youview box is connected to the router via Devolo Powerline Adaptors.  HG633 Router with latest v2.0 firmware. 

Help - Please advise how this issue can be overcome.

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 21 of 23

Thanks @ferguson. Direct ethernet connection isn't really possible, but the Devolo Powerline adaptors are about 18 months old and are able to produce quite sophisticated data reports, some of which I have just recently sent to Devolo HO in Germany for analysis and they have come back giving a clean bill of health.  I can't say I've ever noticed the issue occuring with any other YouView players. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 22 of 23

Are you getting this with any other YouView players e.g. ITV Player etc? Are you able to test temporarily with a direct ethernet connection between the box and router to rule out any possible issue with the powerline adapters?

0 Likes