TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet connection

silvio63
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

Hi,   I am trying to connect my smart tv to talk talk internet..   while doing so, I am asked to provide the following ......  IP address       subnet mask    and gateway      where would i be able to find all of those please.   also, in the process, I am asked to press the WSP button, but nothing change.

If what I am saying makes any sense...  can someone please help .

Many thanks

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 2

You would only need that information if you really want to allocate the IP address on the TV itself, which is not recommended. Let the TV get its IP address automatically from the router (DHCP). I assume that you are trying to connect the TV via Wi-Fi & not Ethernet since you mention WPS? What happens if you try & connect manually, do you see your router's network name displayed & if so enter its WiFi password?

WPS can be OK, but should always be left disabled in the router until you want to connect a new device via this method. Without knowing the make/model of TT router that you are using, I cannot tell you how to check this.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes