TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lack of tv service

Geoff75
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

I have suffered with awful reception on my tv. Pixilated channels is the norm. I have now lost all my favourite freeview channels ( not showing in the guide) leaving me with the rubbish that I don't watch. I retune the channels 3 or 4 times a day without any improvement. Talk talks answer is always to replace the roof aerial. I must point out that I have replaced my aerial 4 (four times) to remedy the poor service I'm getting. Why should I pay for a service I'm not getting? Any hints from anybody? I'm afraid talk talk and I will be parting company very shortly.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Geoff,

to remove any part of a service, please call our customer loyalty colleagues on 03451720046 or 03451725157.  They can amend your services for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

have received new box for which I thank you. Have sent the old box back. I am also sending the new box back . The picture isn't too bad, but after numerous attempts at tuning, my favourite channels are still missing. This means I can only view my favourite tv by plugging the aerial directly into the tv. What is the point of my paying for this box? I would like the cost of this box removing from my bill. My contract expires shortly and I shall not be renewing. In the meantime I shall dig out my old video recorder which will do a more satisfactory job to satisfy my needs before transferring my custom elsewhere. Sorry to be a pain, but I am totally fed up with TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Geoff

A Tv box is on the way to you.  Lets see if the reception is better.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 4 of 10

Now that you have responded here and added the required information, @Karl-TalkTalk will see this back in his queue and will respond next week.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Time is now marching on and I have had no results with regard to my useless tv box, which I am still paying for. Also,I spoke to someone on live chat requesting a nominated user form. which was promised it would be sent to me. As is normal with TalkTalk this conversation was ignored and the form has not been sent. About time this company realised who pays the bills.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Geoff75

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Have you tried the resets I suggested?

You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Have plugged aerial direct to tv. Picture perfect on all channels. I think this proves my aerial is ok and the box isn't.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

What is the signal like if you plug the aerial directly into the TV bypassing the box?

if following a retune of the TV the signal is poor, then it is an aerial issue and nothing to do with the box itself, so you do need to contact a local installer to remedy as the Freeview channels are not supplied, nor the responsibility of TalkTalk.

If your TV is ok, then please post back as you are in the staff's queue for a response.

Have you tried a maintenance reset of the box? It may worth trying this as it will attempt to reset the box.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347#:~:text=Press....

For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

0 Likes