TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing channels as of yesterday no BBC news HD

stuart90
First Timer
Message 17 of 17

As of yesterday a number of chasnnels have vanished from the TV guide eg BBC news 24 HD. I've restarted the box from power supply out. but no cnhange post code OL13 9QW. Any idea why?what to do?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi @Pasha

I'm pleased that it worked. The basic info is on the Youview site with additions that I have noted having had to do a few !!

My gut feeling was that it possibly was an aerial problem as it was only COM 7 channels causing problems.

Anyway all sorted now hopefully. They seem to have removed the best answer box !!

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
0 Likes

Pasha
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 17

Success. Thank you so much. It worked and kept all my recordings. I have kept this email so should it go crazy again I'll know what to do. Really TT should make this info freely available without calling the call centre or doing chats and all the faffing around you have to do. Thanks again, Much appreciated your time and knowledge is invaluable.:)

I couldn't see how to do a Best answer but it definitely is.

Lynn
0 Likes

Pasha
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 17

Hi Okay, I'll give it a try. Thanks for your help.

Lynn
0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi @Pasha

The instructions that I gave you keeps the recordings just reinstalls software.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
0 Likes

Pasha
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 17

Hi, All HD channels are available via the internal you view on my Sony TV on the guide and working. On the TT box only channels 101HD to 105HD  and 204 CBHD I have no channels 106HD to 110HD. I don't want to do a factory reset on the TT box as I'll lose all my recordings.

Strangely the signal strength on the TTbox is only 40% but on my TV (disconnecting the TT box) it's 60%. I still think it's the TTbox, but I'm going to get the aerial checked just in case. Trouble is the agents at the call centre in the far east sometimes don't understand and their strong accents are often difficult to understand.

Lynn
0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 6 of 17

Hi @stuart90

Did Gondolas solution solve your problem or are you still suffering problems ?

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 7 of 17

Hi @Pasha

Just one thought, I too have a recent SONY TV and when I was having the retune problems on 23/3  it showed all of the channels but, when I tried to watch them they were either badly pixelated or "no video" showed. The only reason that I ask is that if that is your case then it may be a FREEVIEW problem. They replaced my aerial for free !! It may be worth you trying a retune on the TV. I know that they are supposed to auto update but mine still needed retuning for London live and Talking Pictures prior to this retune and this one even though they were shown in the correct places.

I forgot to ask, which transmitter are you receiving from ? On the link that I posted earlier if you enter your transmitter in the top menu button > transmitters you will see any updates.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi @Pasha

Try a maintenance reset keeping recordings as this solved a similar problem for me a few months ago. It is also worth retuning WITHOUT the aerial plugged in before doing this then plug aerial back in and without retuning do this :

Turn the box off, then unplug power lead for a couple of minutes.

Re plug in power .

1. Ensure the YouView Box is switched off and is currently connected to the router (the YouView Box will require an internet connection).
  2. Power on YouView using button at the back of the YouView Box.
  3. Start YouView using the power button on the YouView Box front panel and then quickly press and hold both the + and – buttons on the front panel. If you haven’t pressed the buttons together by the time 'YouView Waking Up' is displayed, or you see the 'YouView please wait...' message then try again.
  4. Let go of the + and – buttons once the 'Huawei – Maintenance Mode menu' is displayed.
  5. The + and – buttons on the front panel will navigate the menu. Keep pressing the – button until 2 “factory reset keep recordings” option is highlighted. If you go past the option, simply press the + button to navigate back to the option.
  6. Press the power button on the YouView Box front panel to select the option. This will bring up some information and ask 'Do you want to proceed?'. Press the power button again to confirm.
  7. The YouView Box will now show a progress bar as it downloads software from the internet and installs on the YouView Box. This may take several minutes. Once complete, the YouView Box will restart.
  8. Once the YouView Box restarts, the YouView Box will show the initial setup wizard. You will need to run through the setup wizard including tuning the channels.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / RF loop through / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

It is also a good idea to restart your router once you have done this.

Pasha
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 17

Well as I said before I had all the HD channels via the TT box, then on Tuesday I lost BBC4HD BBC NEWS HD, 47HD,  QVC HD CH4+1 HD  I contacted TT and went through what I said in the earlier post. They told me to retune after 24 hours which I did, no difference.  Then after another call to TT and turning box off and another retune, the missing HD returned except 47HD and ch4+1. Then tonight all those have gone again, so went through the whole process to find my channels have dropped from 145 to 137. Then I turned the box off  and pluged the aerial directly into my  1 year old Sony TV which has You View built into it and all HD channels are there. So it's not the TV or my aerial, It has to be the software within the TT box, there is no other explanation.

Lynn
0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi @Pasha

I too am confused by this, there was an additional retune required on 21 April for Crystal Palace. You say your TV is receiving all the channels. There is nothing that the call centre staff could have done to the box as the FREEVIEW side is just a tuner card like you can get for a computer and all of these channels are only sent over the airwaves.

Here's a link to a site which lists which channels are broadcast by which MUX, it sounds like you have a COM 7 problem. If your TV weren't getting these channels it would point to an aerial problem which FREEVIEW would sort out for free if you dont have cable or satellite.

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Crystal_Palace

0 Likes

Pasha
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 17

It was the same, as the poster said they had lost some of the HD channels after the recent update that went out this week. I phoned the call centre 3 times. The first two I posted about, after leaving the box for 36 hours I carried out turning everything off,restaring and a channel re-tune as I was asked to do. The HD channels were still missing, I called again and this time the operator must have reset  something as when I did a retune all HD channels were back except 47HD. Why that would be I have no idea, so will be reporting back next week.

Lynn
0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi @Pasha

Only you and the OCE's can see this info and it enables them to tie up your screen name with your account.

Have you tried unplugging the aerial and retuning (without the aerial plugged in), this will show no channels found and will clear the memory. Plug in aerial again and do a retune.

From what you are saying it is not the same issue as the previous postings were about the FREEVIEW retunes of 31 MARCH. There was another retune required by a lot of transmitters on SAT/SUN.

0 Likes

Pasha
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 17

It was the same topic so why should i start a new thread, surely the idea is to see who else are having problems with the same issue. That's what happened when TT had a lot of issues with email to gmail, hotmail  and others a few months ago.

I am not going to put my phone number on any site, it's a personal matter and it's not to be advised. I'm amazed you suggested such a thing.

I did contact Technical support as I had carried out a full retune but some of my HD channels are not on the guide. He ran some checks and spoke to UK Digital but no joy there either. Today it's is still the same. However I have checked my TV and if I turn off the box and use the TV the HD channels are there so the problem must be with TT. If this keeps up, I'll ditch mt TT TV service.

I'm afraid TT are not very honest when things go wrong and it's their issue.

Lynn
0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi @Pasha

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately. Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information, Settings, Personal information, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

There has been a major retune of all FREEVIW services and a lot have moved. Have you retuned your box? YV button on remote > Settings > TV channels, Retune Channels.

0 Likes

Pasha
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 17

Yes I have lost many HD channels only have 101-105 and 204. Why is that ? typical messing about with channels.

Lynn
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Hi @stuart90

BBC News is on channel 231 and that's available from most transmiters.

BBC News HD is on channel 107 and available from, in your area, the Winter Hill transmitting station on a digital multiplex called COM7 which is on channel 55 and carries a group of HDTV programme channels.

Because BBC News HD did switch to using the COM7 multiplex there was a retune necessary for the Winter Hill transmitting station on 7th March in order to retain viewing of the programme. There's been no other change recently so just a retune of your Freeview TV and Youview TV Box is all that might be required.

It is of course possible that you've not got a TV antenna receiving from Winter Hill. You might be receiving from the local Bacup relay station (or Haslingden or Whitworth relays). You can tell because the rooftop antenna will have receiving elements or rods in the vertical plane whereas a Winter Hill antenna will have receiving elements or rods in the horizontal plane. The relay stations do not transmit the COM7 multiplex.

If you put your postcode and address into the DigitalUK coverage checker that will advise the optimum transmitter for your home and give the possible alternatives.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes