TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on demand programmes won't play

King Bill
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I've tried viewing a couple of on-demand programmes, one on ITV hub, and one on 4od.  But neither played.

The adverts played and I clicked the consents/ warnings of explicit content, but then

• On ITV hub I got a 'where's my show' message,
  • on 4od I just got the 4 white squares with the yellow dot going round and round.

We only got the set top box a few days ago so it's all a bit new.

Are some of the settings wrong?

Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

Thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Had  to do a factory reset of the Talk Talk box

All good now

Thanks

William

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

There is an issue with ITV player with some programs / adverts causing an issue, this is acknowledged by ITV.

Trying I player on the box will verify the connection is working to the box as there are no reported issues with this. Reason I asked about an aerial, is some on demand players, such as ITV etc, need to have an aerial connected as they use the freeview signal to identify your region and deliver the correct regional content.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi Karl,

Thanks for responding.

Yes there's an aerial connected with excellent signal strength.  Doesn't on demand come via the internet?

I use i-player on the TV, no problem. I haven't tried it using the set top box.

So far I have tried ITV hub and 4OD through the set top box. 

In both cases I get some ads and just as we're settling down to watch the actual programme - nothing happens.

ITV hub gives me a message there's a problem fetching the programme and 4OD just gives me the 4 small squares that indicate 'be patient, something will happen soon'.  But it never does.

I hope that's clear.

Thanks

Will

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Is there an aerial connected to the box ?

Do other on demand players work such as I player etc ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes