TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

picture breaking up or poor internet

colin2345
Team Player
Message 9 of 9

hi all. 

I cannot find my original thread so will start another one. 

my problem was the the picture broke up on all channels inc boosts. so Karl sent me a new box and router. this cured the picture problem to a extent but the broadband was poor.

so Karl sent me another router that could have the firmware updated.  I have been using this new router for a couple of weeks to asses if it's better or not. it isn't so I tried the other router different problem. 

it is hard to explain but the newest router [with update] is great for the tv boosts but the broadband keeps dropping out. on the older router the broadband is fine but the internet TV and boosts still break up. 

this issue is driving me nuts. one makes the tv work the other one the broadband. 

one of these routers should be sent back but which one. 

can the issue be fixed with either one so I can get settled

thanks Colin.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

cheers.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Great news about the connection working much better. I've ordered a returns bag for the router. It includes the necessary returns details. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

hi Ady. did as you suggested seems better. I split the SSIDs left the 2gh as it was but changed the channel from 1 which in my area is quite busy to ch4 that has no traffic.

then renamed the 5gh it was on a quite channel 44 so left that. rebooted the router and the computer.  as soon as the everything was booted up the computer came up with the new SSID for the 5gh chose that and it seems to run great no hesitation and now plays video and streaming TV without issue and also now has found full HD for some reason.

all I have to do now is return the D-link router. can you give me a address to send it to as I dont have a return envelope or lable. 

Message 4 of 9

In that case Colin, you could try splitting the SSIDs on your router and testing the connection between the 5gh channel and the 2gh channel, some phones operate better with just 1 channel selected.

Log into the router (192.168.1.1 etc ) and manually change the SSID (Wi Fi) name of the 5ghz channel.

I often find it is better to keep the 2 broadcast channels separate. For example, I have changed mine, and call one Home2Ghz and the other Home5Ghz. Some devices can drop the connection when the SSID's remain the same.

Also, you can try manually setting the wifi channel for each broadcast channel. Try channel 6 for the 2ghz channel and 44 for the 5ghz channel.

Give this a try , test with both SSID's and see if the connection improves.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

hi Ady. thanks for the reply. if I could try and explain a lttle better it may help.

with either box the internet works. but on the Dlink the tv boosts drop out pixelate and catch up TV doesn't operate most of the time ie.  Iplayer more 4 sky ect .

on the 633 all these seem to work fine. but while the lights on the router stay green I get messages that I have no connection to the internet. or retry and check connection when I look all the lights are on and if I switch to smart mode on the Samsung TV it works fine.

yet there is no internet on the computer. any form of streaming video stops while buffering and take forever to continue or stops and one of the messages above apprears.

playing any form of online game is almost impossible as the connection is constantly lost while playing.  it is as if while everything on the internet that is directly connected to the router by a cable. TV. box. playstation. works fine anything connected via wifi isn't like the PC. and tablet.

so it looks like the issue is is the WIFI connection.

hope this helps.

Colin.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

I'm very surprised that the 633 is dropping the connection with v2.00 firmware on it. Let me bounce this off a couple of more expert TV guys. I'll post back. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

hi. yes the 633 is better with the box the D link DSL3782 is better for the broadband.

I use the cables that came with each router, except for the filtres. BT fitted a super box when I had issues withe phone line. it has built in filtres and two plugs one for the phone one for the router. I can take off the front of the socket to gain access to the master plug [for testing the line but then there is only one socket if I fit one of the filtres to this and and plug in the phone stops working. and the internet goes off completly.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi Colin, I'm covering TV while Karl is on leave. I know that Karl swears by the ver 2 software on the 633 but on your line it seems to be dropping quite alot. When you switch to that router did you change all the cables power supply and filters etc? Is the 633 the one that's good with the TV box?

0 Likes