TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

powerline adapter lights

Sheila123
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

My home electricity supply was turned off for an hour to allow electrical work to be done. After being turned on again the middle light on both my powerline adapters is now red, mostly continuous, occasionally flashing. I have tried turning them both off and then on again after 30 secs. How should I solve this problem and get the green light back again?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Sheila123

Thanks for your reply.

These would no longer be covered under warranty.

We do sell the adapters on our online store or if you contact our Customer Service Team by Live Chat or phone they can take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

I'm sorry I cannot remember exactly, it was certainly several years ago, maybe about 8.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Sheila123

Thanks for your reply.

When did you receive the powerline adapters?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

I received them from you with the talktalk box.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Sheila123

Did we send you the powerline adapters or did you order this from our online store?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Yes, I have followed Keith's advice. One adapter is plugged directly into a wall socket below the router. The other is in the lounge attached to the TV and plugged into a 3way socket.

I plugged that adapter into the wall socket instead. The lefthand and center lights turned green but the righthand one did not light at all. I turned both adapters off and on again after 30 sec, and the situation did not change.

I replugged the adapter by the TV as it was originally, and I am back to the centre light red in both adapters. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi Sheila123

Have you followed Keith's advice?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

This indicates a problem with your electrical supply, or one of the units might be faulty. What happens if you connect them directly to two wall outlets (ideally a double socket) near the router?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?