TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sound

Thefish21
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

Hi has anybody else had the problem of the sound dropping out while watching either a recording or live TV through the settop box when it returns after a few seconds the sound and picture are out of sync. To get it back as one have to turn the settop box off and then back on (this corrects the problem but only for a few minutes).

If I watch through the TV only i have no problem?

Thefish
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

try the maintenance reset as advised and let me know if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 2 of 9

Hi @Thefish21 

The other thing to try is a Maintenance Reset (option 2). This often cures all sorts of problems :   https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Michelle,

Would be great if you can help me sort this problem out as it makes watching TV a real pain!

Thefish

Thefish
0 Likes

Thefish21
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 9

Hi fre55die'

Sorry to say it did not work, have ordered new HDMI cables (should have them by Monday) and will try again. Will keep you advised of the outcome .

Thefish 

Thefish
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

@Thefish21  Do let us know if it works.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes

Thefish21
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 9

Hi fre55die, will try the leads tonight and see if that help thanks

Thefish

Thefish

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Morning,

Please let us know if you still need assistance with this.

Thanks

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

@Thefish21 

Have you tried either new HDMI lead or at least swapping the ends over of your current one I.E. the one connected to the box becomes the one connected to the TV?