Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

£200 charge for my replacement TV box

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Participant

Hi, I recently posted about a faulty tv box which was replaced (thank you).

I  have also just upgraded to faster fibre with TV which has put me back into a new contract.

I have just received a letter confirming my fibre update but there is also a £200 charge for the new TV box, I think this seems rather alot, seems if I had been a new customer this would have been about £25.  It also seems that you can buy a new one for £149 plus either £4.95 or £5.95 postage. Please can you look into this for me.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Poppy77,

How did you order the replacement TV Box?

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Emma, Karl sorted it out via a chat on this platform.

I was in the process of upgrading to the faster fibre (which is now complete) but the order stated I already had the TV as part of my previous package.  I had not used the TV box for a couple of years as the original box was faulty, so I asked on here how I could get a replacement box to complete my upgrade order.  

Thank you

Highlighted

Thanks, Poppy77.  I've asked Karl to take a look for you.

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Highlighted
Participant

Thank you Emma

Highlighted

Hey Poppy77

I've had a look on your account and cannot see a charge being applied for the TV box.  I also ordered this correctly as a faulty replacement.

I had a quick look on the bill in your My Account and could not see the charge applied.

Ignore any communication that may mention this, focus on the bills.  Check your next bill when it is produced in My Account, if a charge does appear I will remove it.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Karl

Thank you for looking into this for me, it was on a letter that mentioned the charge so I will check the next bill when it is available .

Thank you and all the TalkTalk team once again and keep up the good work in these unpredictable times.

Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Always glad to help.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Karl. 

All sorted now, many thanks to you and ther team

Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Always glad to help.

Karl 

Working From Home Tips