would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

£4 charge for tv box

32 REPLIES 32
paul2019
Participant

hi evertone

i phoned talktalk today about the £4 they are going to charge everyone i said i dont wont the tv part of my package she said the only way you wont be charged the £4 fee is to send the box back i said i have had the box for many many years and it was free for me to keep she said it dont matter got to send it back fine i said send a bag out for it.so people the box you have for free is not free unless you wont to pay the £4 fee and then its not free

ferguson
Community Star

You were wrongly advised, the box is yours to keep regardless. I would persevere and tell them you have been told this on the TalkTalk community.

I have flagged this up to the support team so that they can note your experience.

paul2019
Participant

thank you ferguson i did not think i at to send it back.will see what the support say.

Community Team

Hi Paul,

Just to clarify, you do not have to return the Box.  

If you remove the TV package etc, you will still be able to use the Box for freeview channels and the on demand players such as BBC Iplayer etc, but would loose all access to the TalkTalk player, the ability to add Boosts with only 1 month commitment and some of the other great content that is unique to TalkTalk.

Thanks

Karl. 

paul2019
Participant

thank you for the help so i can keep it do i have to phone them again to remove the tv package because i did say to them on saturday to say remove it 

many thanks 

paul

Community Team

Hi Paul,

Don't call them back, leave it with me. 

I'll go make some enquiries from here and I'll come back to you.

Thanks

Karl.  

paul2019
Participant

ok many thanks karl

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Our Teams here have a call about this today so I'm waiting on clarification from our management teams and then I'll post back.  If they update me later, I may not post back until tomorrow, but I will post.

Karl 

Community Manager

@paul2019 wrote:

hi evertone

i phoned talktalk today about the £4 they are going to charge everyone i said i dont wont the tv part of my package she said the only way you wont be charged the £4 fee is to send the box back i said i have had the box for many many years and it was free for me to keep she said it dont matter got to send it back fine i said send a bag out for it.so people the box you have for free is not free unless you wont to pay the £4 fee and then its not free

Hey @paul2019 I want to make sure the person you'd spoken to gets some feedback about misadvising you to return your box, when you get a moment could you update your community profile with your phone number so we can check who helped you. 

paul2019
Participant

thanks karl

stephenf      updated phone number

oxygenkiosk
Chatterbox

I'm astonished by this aggressive move to charge customers for 'TV' who have specifically not purchased it in a package from the outset. 

I have therefore had to waste 20 minutes calling the Customer Service Centre to Opt-Out of a service I specifically requested that I didn't want when purchasing the package.   

It is very poor and I have alerted OFCOM to it because there are going to be a large group of customers who are only going to find out about this after they have been charged. 

If TalkTalk do not want to offer non-TV packages they shouldn't sell them. 

Community Manager

@paul2019 wrote:

thanks karl

stephenf      updated phone number

Thanks for that. 

paul2019
Participant

good morning

any more news about me phoning them back to remove the £4 charge for tv

done it on saturday but wont make sure because she said i at to send box back so dont know where i stand

many thanks for any help

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oxygenkiosk wrote:

I'm astonished by this aggressive move to charge customers for 'TV' who have specifically not purchased it in a package from the outset. 

I have therefore had to waste 20 minutes calling the Customer Service Centre to Opt-Out of a service I specifically requested that I didn't want when purchasing the package.   

It is very poor and I have alerted OFCOM to it because there are going to be a large group of customers who are only going to find out about this after they have been charged. 

If TalkTalk do not want to offer non-TV packages they shouldn't sell them. 

Ditto.. same here, and if I thought ofcom would do anything about it i'd contact them as well, having recieved an email informing me that i'd be charged £4 per month for TV I did contact TT customer services via online chat, I was told that the charge would be removed and a confirmation email sent.

I've since been told by @StephenF that I was misinformed, apparently TT don't send confirmation emails, an absolute shambles.

..and all of this for a TV service that I never used, never ordered and at no point was ever part of my contract, it even states on my account that I don't have it.

I will be watching my billing account for the next couple of months to make sure TT don't charge me for a non-existant TV boost, God help them if they do..

paul2019
Participant

hi

karl or stephan

please can you let me know if tv as been removed from my account

many thanks

paul

Community Team

Hi Paul2019

Sorry for the delay.  I've sent you a PM to confirm some details.

Just to clarify for everyone once again, and this is the message across all channels and from our product managers etc,  You do not have to return the TV box.  

Thanks

Karl. 

paul2019
Participant

message sent karl

Community Manager

Hey @paul2019,

Dont worry, you dont need to return the box and when you do get the returns bag in the post just recycle it in your regular waste. I'll also make sure your initial request to remove the fee is dealt with. 

Thanks 

paul2019
Participant

many thanks stephenf thats good news

Community Team

Hi Paul2019

This has been processed for you now.

Thanks 

Karl.