would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

£4 for what????

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
ossettman
Conversation Starter

I upgraded to 18 month fixed price Faster Fibre on 28th Dec 2018.

Although I did not request TV, my package incloudes it.

My new router arrived, but no TV box.  

Two questions: -

1) Should I have received a TV Box when the router was delivered, I do not need an engineer to install.

2) Is my monthly charge set to increase by £4 for a service I did not request and have not been provided with a box to view (yes I know all the other ways I could view TT TV if I wanted)

Community Team

Hi

Your account does include the full TV service so yes, the £4 charge will be applied to your account from February.  A TV box would have been provided if this was requested.  If you did not need this, as some customers already have a TV box at the point of renewal.

If you remain a TalkTalk TV Customer the box can be provided, if you decide to have the TV option removed at this point and opt out of the upcoming TV charge then a box would not be provided.

Thanks

Karl. 

ossettman
Conversation Starter

Thanks Karl

I did not request TV and therefore would not have requested a box, I only asked about the box because TT know I've never had one and so I thought they might have sent one and that perhaps it might have been lost in transit - it happens.

I certainly do not wish to pay £4 a month for a service I did not ask for and do not want.

Can you please opt me out of the TV charge 

Community Team

Hi

I can opt you out of the upcoming TV charge but I'll need to confirm some security details to access your account.  I'll send a PM separately with the info required.

Please note however that when you opt out of TalkTalk TV you will lose access to add and remove TV Boosts flexibly.  You will lose access to TV Boost on demand content via the TalkTalk player.  You will also lose access to TV on the go services via the web and Mobile App.

Also, any current recordings you have made from a Boost channel will stop working when you are no longer subscribed to that channel.

Thanks

Karl.

Community Team

Hi

I've processed the request for you now.

Thanks

Karl.