would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

£4 per month TV - Opt out

ANSWERED
10 REPLIES 10
Brian65
Chatterbox

I do not want to pay the new £4 per month charge for TV as I do not use any boosts.

All I need is to watch 'freeview' ,  record live TV & access BBC i Player & ITV Player.

Please opt me out of the £4 per month charge & advise me when this is actioned.

I have tried live chat but all this achieved was to get me & the advisor confused.

Regards

Brian

Brian
KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and explain your options.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Brian65
Chatterbox

Thank's very much, Community Profile updated.

Brian
Community Team

Hi Brian65

I can request the TV Access Fee is not applied for you.  First I need to confirm some details for security. 

I'll Drop you a PM with the info required.

Thanks

Karl. 

Brian65
Chatterbox

Hi Karl

Clicking  'subject title' from your e mail does not lead to a screen where I can send you personal details. Sorry if I'm being dense. Any ideas? 

Brian
ferguson
Community Star

The email is just a notification. Click on the blue envelope icon at the top right to read and respond to a personal message 

Community Team
Solution

Hi Brian,

I've processed the TV FEE removal for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Brian65
Chatterbox

Thabk's very much Karl, very efficient and excellent service.

Regards

Brian
Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Glad to be of service.

Karl 

Julie481
First Timer

I want to OPT OUT of the 4.00 tv service

Community Team

Hi @Julie481

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl