Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

About Netflix

16 REPLIES
Gil8664
Repeat Guest

Hi.. I am paying £7.99 for Netflix through my TalkTalk account. I do not know the email or password used to set it up, therefore I am unable to cancel through Netflix. I have contacted Talk Talk customer services who say they cannot help and that i need to speak to Netfix. I have asked if talk talk could just not pay the £7.99 a month this would then cancel the account anyway. This cant be done either. I have subsequently set up another account with Netflix that I pay for via my bank account which works fine. I have just got off the phone with Netflix after 55 minutes who have informed me that according to the esn number on my talk talk box no other netflix account exists! I am at the end of my tether going round in circles...HELP....can anyone?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Gil8664

Another instance of Netflix not being able to identify a customer paying for Netflix via the TalkTalk billing account.

In previous instances the TV Team have been able to identify the linked Netflix account, get that cancelled and cease the payments from the customer's TalkTalk account.

Just ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and ask the TV Team to investigate.

Gondola - Halloween support team *

To avoid my glaring red eyes  . . .  If I spooked up a solution Best Answer

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Gil8664

You are NOT alone with this problem and the team should be able to fix it for you see this :

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-TV/Problem-with-Netflix-via-TalkTalk/m-p/2231617

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Team

Hi Gil8664

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

Gil8664
Repeat Guest
All info added. I have been having this problem since last xmas..my talk talk account should show all the contact i have had with customer services. Will i be refunded?
Community Team

Hi Gil8664

You have a talktalk.net email address linked with your TalkTalk account, do you have access to this address ?  If not, you can reset the password for this via My Account online.

Go to https://www.netflix.com/gb/LoginHelp

Try entering this address into the Netflix website and submit and this should allow you to reset the netflix password and administer your netflix account directly with them.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Gil8664
Repeat Guest

I have tried the two talktalk email addresses that i have ever used. Neither of these work.. I dont understand why talktalk cannot cease paying netflix from my talktalk account. 

Community Team

Hi

The email address you have used to register for this community, have you entered this in the Netflix forgotten password option, and did this send you an email to offer to change the password.  I've tested this address in the Netflix portal for you and it does recognise the email address ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Gil8664
Repeat Guest
Hi
I tried setting up an account using the email to see if netflix would recognise it as an existing account but it doesnt . As i explained i have been in touch with netflix we have tried all the talktallk emails i have ever used and they cannot find anything..what is so difficult..please talk talk just remove the £7.99 payment from my account...or at least give me some kind of reference used for the account so i can try that with Netflix !
Community Team

Hi

I'll raise this to our TV teams to see if they can locate a netflix reference for you. 

To allow me to do this, I will need to confirm some security details.

I'll PM you with the info required.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi 

I've raised this over to our TV back office teams for them to locate the Netflix account details associated with the TalkTalk account and have this cancelled.

Thanks

Karl. 

Gil8664
Repeat Guest
Thank you. Will i hear if the issue has been resolved and how long should it take?
Community Team

Hi

I'll reply here as soon as the team email me back.

Thanks

Karl. 

Gil8664
Repeat Guest
Any news?
Community Team

Hi 

I've chased this with the Team.  They have heard back from Netflix and the account is now cancelled with immediate effect.

Thanks

Karl. 

Gil8664
Repeat Guest
Thank yoy so much. Quick question, I contacted Talk Talk customer service about this issue on serveral occasions earlier in the year (which should have been logged) and they said they were unable to help. Subsequently I have been paying all this time, can i get a refund?
Community Team

Hi

If you call or Live Chat with our billing teams they can discuss this with you however Netflix are a third party company and the subscription fee is payed directly to them so they may direct you to them to discuss a refund for their services.

Thanks

Karl.