I recently replaced the original TT box with DN372T. One of the benefits being access to Amazon Prime TV from TT remote rather than TV remote as this would be easier for my wife.
I am able to connect to Prime, view trailers etc. but when I try to access subscription content I get error message "Something went wrong" - no error code.
First call was to Amazon, who confirmed the box was a registered device in my account -other TVs work fine.
I then spent 2 days on chat to TT support and after all this time they came to the conclusion that :
1) My broadband was working normally
2) DNT372 supports Amazon Prime and therefore it's Amazon problem.
My guess is that there is an authentication issue between the 2 providers. No problem with Netflix and other players. Has anyone else experienced this?
Solved! Jump to the Best Answer.
I have escalated this for OCE support for you and they will respond here.
Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)
There could be an issue with the app on the box. The only way to uninstall / reinstall the app is to reset the box.
Try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).
Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.
Set the box back up and this will download the software and apps again.
Give this a try and see if the app then works.
Factory reset solved the Prime access problem but has introduced other issue.
DN372T now fails to record any programmes, will not play any recorded programmes which played previously and locks up every day requiring a restart.
I have replaced the DN372T box with my old DN370T box and am now able to record and replay and no longer have to restart box every day. Why pay £50.00 for a box which doesn't work?
I have been in text communication with support but for over a week now but have given up with them. They cannot find my new box although I have given them both the TT order no. and invoice date. Despite telling them that the old box works, latest request is to test my phone line!!.
I reckon that there are only 2 possible solutions here:
I have requested a new box, as each time I do a factory reset I have to re-enter all of my details for Prime, Netflix, ITV etc.
I would appreciate some assistance.
Have you tried a Maintenance Reset (option 2 to keep your recordings) https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347
Or a full factory reset FROM THE MAIN MENU : Settings > Factory reset, which I heard somewhere is different from the option in the maintenance settings, and re-formats the hard drive and reinstalls the O/S.
I was reluctant to go through setting the box up yet again, but decided to have one last go.
Firstly, I tried the option to retain recordings, but still couldn't view them. On assumption that they were irretrievable (one unhappy wife), I then did a full reset. So far so good. Resetting isn't the problem, it's having to sign in again to all of the apps that is the real pain!
Thanks again for prompt response and stay safe.
I'm pleased that it has worked for you. You
keep safe too, there are going to be a lot of overworked boxes in the immediate future I fear.
Although factory reset solved the Prime problem, it created others - programmes failed to record/playback, box didn't respond to remote etc. Factory reset retaining programmes didn't solve it either. Full reset appeared to work.
However, I'm afraid that this fix has been short lived. Some recordings are failing to play back again although they show in the recordings list. I've checked and programmes which don't replay are accessible on catch up.
Real pain after setting up all apps yet again. Third factory reset, not prepared to do this again. Box was only received last week in December.
Powered down and invoked factory reset again. This time I was able to reset software using power button.
Unfortunately it has not solved the problem. Box has locked up again at step 4 Parental Control as per first attempt.
Sorry, unsure if you received my previous message or are referring to a 3rd box being shipped.:
Replacement box received today. Had high hopes as a later hardware version however it has failed to complete setup.
Updated firmware on first power up
Step 2 Added subscriptions
Step 3 Parental Control - locked up with continue highlighted
Powered down at rear
Box repeated Step 2 then locked up
Box repeated Step 2 again, rotating dots then locked up.
Initiated factory reset using front buttons
Maintenance Mode Screen.
Tried to do recommended software reset.
Box is not responding to remotes (I have 2) cannot initiate any action.
Reset. Able to do software reset by using front panel buttons - Failed
Powered down, reset using factory reset with delete recordings
Locked up again at Parental Control setting.
So far unable to complete setup.
I'll feed this back to the teams.
At present we are unable to send out any engineers to look at these issues in situ.