Did you mean: 
Need help?

Accessing Prime Video on DN372T

ANSWERED
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

I recently replaced the original TT box with DN372T.  One of the benefits being access to Amazon Prime TV from TT remote rather than TV remote as this would be easier for my wife.

I am able to connect to Prime, view trailers etc. but when I try to access subscription content  I get error message "Something went wrong" - no error code. 

First call was to Amazon, who confirmed the box was a registered device in my account -other TVs work fine.

I then spent 2 days on chat to TT support and after all this time they came to the conclusion that :

1) My broadband was working normally

2)  DNT372 supports Amazon Prime and therefore it's Amazon problem.

My guess is that there is an authentication issue between the 2 providers. No problem with Netflix and other players. Has anyone else experienced this?

RetiredEngineer
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @RetiredEngineer 

I have escalated this for OCE support for you and they will respond here.

IMPORTANT

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi @fre55die,

Thanks, I've updated as requested.

Regards

RetiredEngineer

RetiredEngineer
Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi

There could be an issue with the app on the box.  The only way to uninstall / reinstall the app is to reset the box.

Try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

Set the box back up and this will download the software and apps again.

Give this a try and see if the app then works.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

Factory reset solved the Prime access problem but has introduced other issue.

DN372T now fails to record any programmes, will not play any recorded programmes which played previously and locks up every day requiring a restart.

I have replaced the DN372T box with my old DN370T box and am now able to record and replay and no longer have to restart box every day.  Why pay £50.00 for a box which doesn't work?

I have been in text communication with support but for over a week now but have given up with them. They cannot find my new box although I have given them both the TT order no. and invoice date. Despite telling them that the old box works, latest request is to test my phone line!!.

I reckon that there are only 2 possible solutions here:

• Box is faulty
  • There is a bug in the latest DN372T firmware.

I have requested a new box, as each time I do a factory reset I have to re-enter all of my details for Prime, Netflix, ITV etc.

I would appreciate some assistance.

Regards

Retired Engineer

RetiredEngineer
Highlighted
Community Star

@RetiredEngineer 

Have you tried a Maintenance Reset (option 2 to keep your recordings) https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347

Or a full factory reset FROM THE MAIN MENU : Settings > Factory reset, which I heard somewhere is different from the option in the maintenance settings, and re-formats the hard drive and reinstalls the O/S.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted

Hi Retired Engineer

Give the reset a try as fre55die says, and if this fails then we can replace the box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi @fre55die & @OCE_Karl 

I was reluctant to go through setting the box up yet again, but decided to have one last go.

Firstly, I tried the option to retain recordings, but still couldn't view them. On assumption that they were irretrievable (one unhappy wife), I then did a full reset. So far so good. Resetting isn't the problem, it's having to sign in again to all of the apps that is the real pain!

Thanks again for prompt response and stay safe.

RetiredEngineer  

RetiredEngineer
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @RetiredEngineer 

I'm pleased that it has worked for you. You

keep safe too, there are going to be a lot of overworked boxes in the immediate future I fear.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Although factory reset solved the Prime problem, it created others - programmes failed to record/playback, box didn't respond to remote etc. Factory reset retaining programmes didn't solve it either. Full reset appeared to work.

However, I'm afraid that this fix has been short lived. Some recordings are failing to play back again although they show in the recordings list. I've checked and programmes which don't replay are accessible on catch up.

Real pain after setting up all apps yet again. Third factory reset, not prepared to do this again. Box was only received last week in December.

RetiredEngineer

RetiredEngineer
Highlighted

Hi

I'll swap out the box and see if this helps.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster

@OCE_Karl  Thanks very much for prompt response and offer to exchange box.

Kind regards

RetiredEngineer

RetiredEngineer
Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Karl 

Update,

Powered down and invoked factory reset again. This time I was able to reset software using power button.

Unfortunately it has not solved the problem. Box has locked up again at step 4 Parental Control as per first attempt. 

Kind regards

RetiredEngineer.

RetiredEngineer
Highlighted

Hi

Ok, lets see if the new box is any better.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster

@OCE_Karl 

Sorry, unsure if you received my previous message or are referring to a 3rd box being shipped.:

Replacement box received today. Had high hopes as a later hardware version however it has failed to complete setup. 

Updated firmware on first power up

Step 2 Added subscriptions

Step 3  Parental Control - locked up with continue highlighted

Powered down at rear

Box repeated Step 2 then locked up

Powered down

Box repeated Step 2 again, rotating dots  then locked up.

Initiated factory reset using front buttons

Maintenance Mode Screen.

Tried to do recommended software reset. 

Box is not responding to remotes (I have 2)  cannot initiate any action.

Update

Reset. Able to do software reset by using front panel buttons - Failed

Powered down, reset using factory reset with delete recordings

Locked up again at Parental Control setting.

So far unable to complete setup.

Kind regards

RetiredEngineer

Kind regards

RetiredEngineer

RetiredEngineer
Highlighted

Hi

I'll feed this back to the teams.

At present we are unable to send out any engineers to look at these issues in situ.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips