Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Alternate recording in HD Warning?

3 REPLIES 3
richardlister
Conversation Starter

When setting to record in low def why can't the recorder warn you it's in HD on another channel? The app on my phone does it and I'm sure it's looking at the same data?

I know to record HD but Mrs L doesn't! -mind you she says she can't see the difference when I turn over to HD when I catch her in low def also!!

While I'm at it I'll mention the fact that we used to get told when a programme was on another day if we had too many recordings set. I'd love this back!

cheers,

Richard

Richard Lister
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Richard

Don't keep the TV Planner app to yourself - treat Mrs L to the experience of the TalkTalk TV Planner app. It doesn't stop her scheduling recording in SD but it does give details of when the same programme is on other channels i.e. the HD channels and timeshifted channels i.e. the +1 channels and repeat transmissions. Also if more episodes are available either live or on demand.

The TV Planner's MyTV also shows what recordings are scheduled so you can secretly schedule the HD alternatives. Although you'll have to go to the TV Box to delete unwanted recordings or scheduled recordings.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

richardlister
Conversation Starter

don't be silly! She can hardly use the remote! I'm not gonna let her loose on the app.

and don't you be stirring it!

😉

I do appreciate it does all that - it is very good but I'd rather the box had a bit more intelligence - it's pretty perfect other than these 2 missing features IMHO.

cheers

R

Richard Lister
Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Richard

Looks like Mrs L has got her hands full with multi-tasking looking after you as well as trying to sneak in a few programmes.  Mrs L will say she's simply saving on disc space recording in SD.

What you could do is raise your thoughts as ideas and post on the Ideas board. The TalkTalk Community team will forward on to the TV Team for consideration in future TV Box software enhancements.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer