Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Amazon Prime Constantly Buffering

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Team Player

Hello Ian

As requested I have started an new thread.

I too am experiencing the same kind of problem as Ian in the other thread.  The trailers will play but not the films.  Netflix, iplayer etc. all work perfectly.

Amazon Prime works fine via my LG tv but not via my Talktalk Huawei Youview box.  Last week a film played for a few minutes, then the circle of doom, then the "something went wrong" message.  Last night nothing played except the trailers.

I have rebooted everything loads of times and used the maintenance mode to reset everything (kept recordings).

You help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

John

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi John

Can you have a quick look in the display settings on the TV box and make sure the output is set to 1080p ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl

It is set to this. I have tried changing this setting but it has made no difference.

(sorry for calling you Ian above!)

John

Highlighted

Hi John

Been looking at your line from here and running a few tests.  The fibre test is clear but I'm detecting an earth / loop fault on the copper line.

Do you have any issues with the home phone, any noise or crackles on the line ?

If your main socket has a Test Socket could you connect the router directly to this and I'll test again to see if the loop fault is still showing.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl

I didn't think I had a master socket anymore as the phone and internet plug into seperate "holes" in the master socket. I can take a picture tonight and send it over to you.

John

Highlighted
Team Player

I meant to say "I didn't think I had a test socket........."

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl

I have attached a photo of our master socket.  It runs from there to an extension near the router (see second photo).

Please advise.

Thanks

John

Highlighted

Hi John

Could you test this again today (amazon prime) and let us know if you are still experiencing this issue?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie

I will test it this evening when I get home.  What would you like me to do next re. the line fault that Karl detected yesterday?

Regards

John

Highlighted

Hi John

Thank you. Can I just check, is this issue only affecting amazon prime?

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Yes Debbie, Prime only.  BBC iplayer and Netflix work fine.

Highlighted

Hi John

Thanks for your reply.

The amazon prime issue should be resolved. Please let us know how you get on this evening once you have tested this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie

It is still not working.  I can watch the trailers but when I try to play any film I just get the circle going round and round until I get a "Something Went Wrong" message.

I rebooted the box and router again before I tried.

Regards

John

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @John1901 

Have you tried turning both the TT Box and the router off for a full 30 mins. to clear the session completely.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi fre55die

I’ve not tried that. Will give it a go later. Thanks for the tip.

John

Highlighted
Team Player

I left the router and TT box both switched off overnight.  No change this morning, Prime just buffers and then then the "something went wrong" message.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @John1901 

Oh well it was worth a try, it was the advice Karl has been suggesting and seems to have worked for a number of people.

One of the OCE's will be back to you, hopefully on Monday, when they are back at work.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Team Player

I can get Prime to work on 2 Samsung TVs, an LG TV and a Sony Blu-ray box but not via my TalkTalk box. Very strange.

Highlighted

Hi John

Sorry for the delay, is Amazon working as of today or is it still the same.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl

Still not working I’m afraid. Just the trailers play on the Talktalk box.  Working on my other devices.

John