Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Amazon Prime Video

26 REPLIES 26
ferguson
Community Star

I see that YouView have announced the availability of Amazon Prime Video on BT boxes.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-release-31-24-0

Any news on this coming to TalkTalk?

Community Team

Will see what I can find out about this for you.

Karl.

Silowe
First Timer

Any update on this?

Community Team

Hi

This is something our teams are looking into and negotiations are in progress, but nothing has been announced by our teams as yet.

Thanks

Karl. 

Ropey
First Timer

I'd appreciate if you's hurry up with this...we're missing the US Open!!!

fusemunk
Popular Poster

I agree it would be a great addition (US Open and futre sport content I suspect), less need for these additional prime firesticks......would also be nice if Youview supported wifi like firstick and apple tv.

Bustola
First Timer

Hello

still no news on this, please?

Mark9
First Timer

I’m abit miffed atm I just joined talk talk from bt today I asked and was told 3 times that prime video was on the tv box by the sales team. Just loaded the box up and no prime ??? Being as I’m subscribed to it and in the middle of a few shows I’m not very happy atm. Is it being sorted out? 

ferguson
Community Star

@Mark9 Only BT have the Prime Video app available at the moment and only on certain boxes. Its deployment to other YouView users remains an unknown at present. You were certainly ill advised if you were told otherwise. I can only suggest you follow the complaints process from the link at the bottom of the page and/or cancel your contract during the cooling off period.

Milamber137
First Timer

I'd very much like to know if/when this occurs. I've had an Amazon Prime account for years (used to be with LoveFilm until they were bought by Amazon and shut down). Is there any update on the negotiations?

Community Team

Hi

I've not heard anything about this, I'll drop an email to some of my TV contacts and see what I can find out for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi

Our teams have been working hard in negotiations with Amazon to bring the service to our platform an we hope to recruit triallists soon.

I Can't give a confirmed date as yet but as soon as I know I'll post across our community.

I think we just have to get this Christmas thing out the way first.

Thanks

Karl. 

ferguson
Community Star

That sounds positive, thanks @OCE_Karl. :thumbsup:

Community Team

Hi

Yes, the news is positive, I'm hoping to be selected as one of the triallists when this launches as I have an amazon prime subscription.

Karl.

ferguson
Community Star

Cool. Will the trial be limited to TalkTalk TV subscribers, or Amazon Prime subscribers? Like yourself. Or me! In which case count me in. :)

Community Team

Hi

I think any initial trial will be for existing amazon prime subscribers with our TV service.  I've not heard anything about subscribing through the box, but one step at a time.

Karl.

ferguson
Community Star

No worries lol, I doubt I would be eligible anyway with my Humax box. And I can just about get by with my Roku and my Chromecast devices. But good to see progress. 

fre55die
Community Star

I don't see what the big deal is. Most smart TV's and Bluray players already have it. If it's like the NOW APP on the box then the quality will not show in full HD .

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Team

Yep, my Samsung TV has Netflix and Amazon apps built in so not a big issue for me, but would be nice to have these on the box for people who do not have access to the apps on a TV or second device.

Karl.

jbeee
Team Player

Hi, Any progress on this?