Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Any new channels or services

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Enlightened One

Over the last year we have lost a few channels. Just wondering whether Talk Talk is in talks with TV providers i.e. sky, to fill the gap? 

over the last few years it’s gone very quiet to New services and channels from Talk Talk. Other TV/entertainment providers  have launch  new services like HD, 4k and HDR.
Sky has launch 2 brand-new channel during COVID-19, Tv companies have commissioned  TV programmes during the coronavirus pandemic but nothing from Talk Talk so guys what’s happening? 

I'm no expert, i'm just a guy!
Highlighted
Community Star

TalkTalk and YouView never discuss new apps or channels until the deal is done , so as not to raise expectations if talks fail and also such deals are usually conducted under various Non Disclosure clauses.

Sorry, but you will just have to wait and see.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

As fr8ys advises, all negotiations between our teams and the various broadcasters are all kept secret unil a deal is done.

Even we here never find out a new channel is coming until a day or two before the customers.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Thank you for your reply,

it’s been two years since we had any new channels.  I will cut my TalkTalk tv channels and go over to NOW TV. They’ve got new channels plus HD. 

The hold of Now TV service is now available on the youview box plus my smart TV win-win. 

prescol 

Highlighted
Community Star

Don't forget though that when you cancel your boosts you will no longer be able to view your recordings on those channels. Freeview recordings will be unaffected.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Enlightened One

I very rarely record anything now, I always watch it on catch up. 

very occasionally I Record something on the Freeview channels but never on IPTV channels.

Recording television is coming old hat. 

prescol