Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Apps missing and won't update

ANSWERED
3 REPLIES 3
hikernick
Team Player

My apps list has dwindled to 2 - BBC News and BBC Sport. I'm sure I used to have more - is this all that is available? Selecting "update players and apps" from settings gives error "Can't update - try later or to go /tvhelp" (paraphrased slightly). Seems I'm not alone in this but no viable solutions have been posted yet.

- should there be more apps available? YouTube for example - I thought that used to be there.

- What's up with the update facility? (my broadband connection is fine - I can watch players and subscription channels).

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi @hikernick

There's BBC News BBC Sport and the Help app. No others that I've seen.

I have seen the cannot update Players and Apps message before but usually it's just because the box doesn't or is unable at the time to contact the 'cloud' server to check for updates. Usually pressing the Update Players & Apps button again brings up the you're up to date message.

What manufacturer software version is your box running?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

hikernick
Team Player
If that's all there is I'll stop worrying. Seems a bit pants, but hey ho.

Manufacturer software 72.47.119

Update software says the box is up to date.
Gondola
Community Star

...the TV Box is up to date, just as it says.

As for your underwear...I couldn't possibly comment!

A YouTube app is often being mentioned on the Ideas Board as one that customers would like added.  It's been passed on to the TV Teams for consideration.  Here's one of the ideas mentioning other players and apps. More tv players and apps.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer