Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Audio out

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi have just got a DN372T TT box. It has SCART and Optical but no RCA (why?) to connect to an external amp. Before I go to try and find a scart (threw them out ages ago) can anyone tell me if the SCART audio output is active while TV output is via HDMI? If not going to have to get a DAC

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Lapitude

I've just tried a SCART audio video lead (from a video camera) with only the audio connected from a HUMAX box with HDMI on and it gave the sound, I'm not sure how good the sound would be in a system though.

Wouldn't it be easier to run a lead from the TV to the amp though?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Popular Poster
Seems these days they don't put any audio out on TVs except SDpif optical. Don't understand, if it's a cost saving, there must be a DAC on board, so the price of 2 RCAs, more like penny pinching
Highlighted
Community Star

@Lapitude

I'm pretty sure that my year old Sony W TV has them, anyway that is totally irrelevant to you. I was just thinking out loud.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Popular Poster
Stand corrected, both the Samsung models I encountered haven't. Didn't even have a 3.5mm headphone out...going to get a scart connector today so I can hopefully use the Dolby processing/surround on my amp. Anyone else had similar issues?