Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

BBC iplayer not working

8 REPLIES 8
Raymond56
Team Player

Our BBC player will not work and we have tried to update "players & apps" but it says it cannot update. Would anyone know what the solution is?

ferguson
Community Star

Are any of the the other playes working on your box? Is the BBC iPlayer working on any other devices/

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Raymond

I can see connection logs from the TV box last night.  Is this now working ?

How is the broadband connection, any issues with connectivity from your other devices ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Raymond56
Team Player

Hi, I can get BBC player to work on the laptop and all other players are working on the TV but the BBC player will not work through the TV using the Talktalk box, any ideas? Raymond

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Raymond56

What happens if you select a BBC programme from the guide on the TTbox that was on earlier and has the white arrow in a circle on it?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
ferguson
Community Star

Forget about the TV for now, that is not directly within TalkTalk's remit, are any other players working via the box?

Raymond56
Team Player

Hi, when I try to select a previous programme it seems to be loading and then reverts back to the programme that I was previously watching on another station, but the BBC programme doesn't come on.

Raymond56
Team Player

Hi, all the other players are working fine, just BBC not working at all.

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Did you ever confirm your BBC username on the box.   BBC made a change a while ago that the Iplayer account had to be confirmed ?

Also, try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

Set the box back up and retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE